Do you want to stream free movies on Roku? Then, 123Movies is the best option for you. Unfortunately, this app is not available on the Roku Channel Store. However, you can screen mirror 123Movies app on Roku from your Android phone, iPhone, Windows PC, or Mac.
123Movies lets you stream your favorite movies and TV series in HD, HDRip, and Blu-ray for free. The interface of the 123Movies is user-friendly, and you can browse the content easily without lag. You can even filter the movies and TV shows with categories like anime, action, thriller, Horror, and more.
In this article, we have explained the steps to screen mirror 123Movies on Roku devices.
Disclaimer: 123Movies streams pirated content which is against the law. We, in any way, do not encourage our users to watch pirated content. This article lets others know how to install 123Movies on Roku and is not intended to encourage them. If you are looking for quality content, stream it from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other official channels.
How to Screen Mirror 123Movies to Roku TV from Android Phone
As there is no way to install or sideload the 123Movies app on Roku, you can screen mirror the content from your Android Smartphone. To make it happen, you need to enable screen mirroring on Roku by following the below steps.
Go to Firestick Settings → System → Screen mirroring → Screen mirroring mode → Prompt or Always Allow.
1. Connect your Android smartphone and Roku to the same WiFi.
2. On your Android device, go to the Google Chrome app info page and click Install Unknown Apps or Install apps from unknown sources.
3. Then, enable the Allow from this source option.
4. Open the Chrome browser and download the 123Movies APK File from a reliable source.
5. Once you downloaded the APK File, open it. Tap Install to install the 123Movies app.
6. After installing the 123Movies app, launch it on your Android device.
7. Swipe down the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
8. From the scanned devices list, select your Roku device.
9. After a successful connection, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
10. Open the 123Movies app on your Android phone and play any content to watch it on your Roku TV.
How to Watch 123Movies on Roku TV using iPhone / iPad
Unfortunately, there is no way to install the 123Movies app on iPhone or iPad to mirror it to Roku. However, you can screen mirror the web page of 123Movies from your Apple devices. To do that, refer to the below steps and turn on AirPlay on Roku.
Go to Settings → Apple AirPlay & HomeKit → Turn on AirPlay.
1. Connect your iPhone or iPad and the Roku TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Go to the Control Center on your iPhone/iPad.
3. Next, find and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Choose your Roku device to mirror your iPhone/iPad.
5. Once you see your Apple device screen mirrored on your Roku TV, open a browser on your iPhone/iPad.
6. Head to the official website of 123Movies.
7. Play your favorite movies or TV shows and mirror them to your TV.
Note: You can even try MovieBox Pro on Roku to watch the latest movies and web shows for free in HD quality.
How to Screen Mirror 123Movies on Roku from Windows PC
As 123Movies doesn’t have a native app for Windows and Mac, you can install it as an add-on on Kodi and mirror it to watch on your Roku TV.
Install 123Movies Addon on Kodi
1. Install Kodi on your Windows PC and Mac.
2. Go to Settings and select the System Settings tab.
3. Now, click Add-ons and turn on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Click Yes in the prompt and go back to the Settings page. Then, open the File Manager.
5. Click the Add source option twice and choose <None>.
6. Enter the 123Movies URL in the URL box and hit OK.
7. Now, type the name of the Media source (ANDABA) and tap OK.
8. Head back to the Kodi home screen and select the Add-ons option.
9. Tap Package Installer and select Install from Zip File option.
10. Next, choose the media source name (ANDABA) and click the repository.kodil.zip file to install.
11. Once installed, tap Install from repository and click Kodil Repository
12. Select Videos add-ons and click 123Movies.
13. Tap Install to install the 123Movies Kodi addon.
14. Once done, you can launch the 123Movies Kodi addon from the Kodi home screen.
Mirror 123Movies from Windows PC
Double-check if you have connected your PC and Roku to the same WiFi network. Also, enable screen mirroring on Roku to proceed with the steps.
1. Once you launch 123Movies on Kodi, press the Windows + K keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
2. Choose your Roku device to mirror your Windows PC screen.
3. Stream movies or TV Shows from 123Movies on Roku TV.
Screen Mirror 123Movies on Roku from Mac
Before mirroring your Mac screen to Roku TV, you need to turn on AirPlay on your Roku device.
1. Open the 123Movies add-on on the Kodi app and play any content.
2. Go to the Control Centre on Mac.
3. Click Screen Mirroring from the options.
4. Select Roku from the nearby devices.
5. When connected, you can see your Mac screen mirrored on your Roku TV.
6. Now, you can watch the movies on your Roku device.
Jailbreaking Roku is not necessary to get 123Movies.
No. 123Movies is working fine and is still active.
Yes. As 123Movies is a free third-party application, it displays ads while streaming.
If you can’t mirror your phone to Roku TV, check whether you have enabled screen mirroring or AirPlay on Roku. Then, make sure that you have connected your phone and the Roku TV to the same WiFi. If the problem persists, update your Roku device to fix the issue.