If you are a fan of gripping British television series and craving to experience spine-chilling thrillers on quality devices like Roku, then you should consider subscribing to Acorn TV. Acorn TV is known for producing high-quality series & movies, particularly in the realm of crime dramas. It is a subscription-based service that offers plans at an affordable price. But, the platform is available only in selected countries like the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Spain, Mexico, and some commonwealth countries. So, if you are in residing in one of these countries, it is a cakewalk for you to enjoy Acorn TV.
How Much is Acorn TV on Roku
Acorn TV has a single plan that comes in monthly and a yearly variant. The cost of these plans is,
- Monthly Subscription: $6.99
- Yearly Subscription: $69.99
What’s on Acorn TV
Acorn TV allows accessing its holdings without any ad interruptions. Moreover, you’ll discover new content to watch every week. Some famous and trending TV shows and movies streamed on Acorn TV are,
- Happy Valley
- Loch Ness
- Mystery Road
- The Gulf
How to Sign Up for Acorn TV
1. On a web browser, visit Acorn TV’s official website.
2. Click on Start Free Trial on its home page.
3. After clicking on it, you’ll be asked to enter your e-mail address and password.
4. Tick all the checkboxes and click Create Account.
5. Now, fill up your payment information. Acorn TV allows for only Credit/Debit card payments.
6. After giving in all the required info and completing the payment process, your Acorn account gets created.
7. After that, you’ll receive a confirmation mail with the credentials of Acorn TV.
NOTE: After the end of the free trial, you’ll be automatically charged for the selected plan from the given payment source.
How to Add Acorn TV on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku TV and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Click on the Home button on your remote and go to its home screen.
3. On that, scroll down and select Streaming Channels.
4. Then, click Search Channels.
5. Enter Acorn TV in the search tab provided.
6. Now, the Acorn TV app gets suggested. Click the Add Channel option displayed over it.
7. Acorn TV app will get downloaded and installed on your Roku TV. Wait for a few minutes till then.
8. After it gets added to your device, tap on Go to Channel and launch the app.
NOTE: You can cancel the Acorn TV subscription on your Roku device if you purchased the plans using your Roku account.
Alternate Way to Add Acorn TV on Roku
You can also download the app via the Roku Channel Store website. Here’s how to do it.
1. On a browser, visit the official Roku Channel Store website.
2. Click on Sign in provided at the top-right corner.
3. Log in to your Roku account with your e-mail id & password.
4. Now, look for the Search channels tab and type in Acorn TV.
5. In the suggested app, click on the Details option.
6. It takes you to the app page, where you have to tap on + Add channel.
7. Following this, your Acorn TV app will get automatically downloaded and added to your Roku device.
NOTE: It would take at most 24 hours for Acorn TV to get added to your Roku device. If you want the channel immediately, update your Roku firmware.
How to Sign in & Watch Acorn TV on Roku
1. After downloading the Acorn TV app using any of the above methods, launch it.
2. Click on the Log In option within in channel.
3. Enter your registered e-mail id & password and click Sign In.
4. After entering the respective credentials, you’ll be taken into your Acorn account.
5. You’ll have the display of all the available movies, shows & series on the channel. Select any content of your wish and start streaming it on your Roku device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Acorn TV offers a 7-day free trial to its new users.
Yes. Acorn TV is available as an add-on on YouTube Tv. The add-on costs $6.99/month.
If Acorn TV is not working on Roku, check if you have a stable internet connection. If yes, try other techniques like restarting your Roku device, updating the app to its latest version & most importantly, checking if you have an active subscription to Acorn TV to get rid of the issue.
Some of the best alternative platforms that stream shows similar to Acorn TV are Detective TV, WatchFreeMysteryFlix, and True Crime Network on Roku.