Apple TV is a popular streaming service for watching popular movies and TV shows. Unlike other streaming apps, you can buy or rent movies individually on Apple TV. You can also enjoy lots of original content like The Morning Show, See, Ted Lasso, Ghostwriter, and more on Apple TV. Apple TV also streams popular TV channels like HBO, Showtime, and CBS All Access. It is an all-in-one app for watching originals, TV shows, movies, and more. Apple TV has the largest category of 4K HDR. This streaming app is available on most streaming devices, including Roku. So, let us discuss the possible ways to get Apple TV on Roku.
How Much is Apple TV on Roku
You need to subscribe to the Apple TV+ at $4.99 per month or $49.99 per month to access the content offered by Apple TV. To subscribe to Apple TV+, you can visit https://tv.apple.com/.
Apple TV Supported Roku Devices
|Roku 2||4205, 4210|
|Roku 3||4200, 4230|
|Roku TV||7000x, C000x, 8000x, A000x, 6000x|
|Roku Express||3900, 3930|
|Roku Express+||3910, 3931|
|Roku Premiere||3920, 4620|
|Roku Premiere+||3921, 4630|
|Roku Ultra||4640, 4660, 4661, 4670, 4800, 4802|
|Roku Ultra LT||4662, 4801|
|Roku Express 4K||3900, 3940|
|Roku Express 4K+||3910, 3941|
|Roku Streaming Stick||3600, 3800|
|Roku Streaming Stick+||3810, 3811|
|Roku Streaming Stick 4K||3820|
|Roku Streaming Stick 4K+||3821|
How to Install Apple TV on Roku
Apple TV is an official app available on the Roku Channels store, so the installation process is simple and straightforward.
1. Turn on your Roku and go to the home screen.
2. Select the Streaming channels option from the home screen.
3. Next, choose the Search channels and enter Apple TV.
4. Search and choose Apple TV from the search result.
5. Click on the Add Channel button.
6. Now, the adding process for the Apple TV channel will start.
7. After the adding process completes, select the OK button from the prompt.
8. On the next screen, choose the Go to Channel option to launch Apple TV.
Alternative Method – Add Apple TV on Roku
With the official website of the Roku Channel Store, you can add any channel to Roku.
1. Open any web browser from your smartphone or PC and visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
2. Next, sign in to your Roku account and click on the Search Channels box from the home screen.
4. Enter and search for Apple TV.
5. From the search results, choose Apple TV.
6. Click on the Add Channel button, and your request will be processed in 24 hours.
7. If you want to add the Apple TV immediately, you need to update Roku.
How to Activate and Watch Apple TV on Roku
1. After adding the Apple TV channel, launch it.
2. Next, Select the Settings icon from the home screen.
3. Now, select Accounts > Sign In.
4. You will now have two options to sign in to the Apple TV channel:
- Sign In On Mobile Device: You will be required to go to https://activate.apple.com/. Next, enter the Activation Code and select the Continue button. After that, log in to your subscription account to activate the Apple TV channel.
- Sign In On This TV: You can enter your Apple TV subscription account credentials to access the content available on the Apple TV directly.
5. After activating the Apple TV channel, you can now browse and start streaming your favorite movies or TV shows on the big screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Roku device might not be compatible; that’s why you can find the Apple TV.
It doesn’t matter how old your Roku device is. If your Roku device is compatible, it will be available in the Channel Store. From there, you can get Apple TV.
Check that if you have a valid subscription to Apple TV and try again.