If you want to watch the Apple TV+ Originals and MLS on Roku TV, you need to install the Apple TV channel. The Apple TV is available on the Roku Channel Store and can be installed directly. To watch Apple TV, you will need an active Apple TV+ subscription.
With Apple TV, you can stream the on-demand content in 4K HDR quality. The platform has a wide catalog of 100,000 movies and shows. Moreover, it lets you buy and rent your movies and series at a minimal price.
This article will guide you to install, activate, and watch the content on the Apple TV channel on your Roku-supported devices.
How to Get Apple TV on Roku Stick
Before you access Apple TV, you need to purchase the subscription at $6.99/month. If you like to use Apple TV for free, you can try the 7-day free trial.
1. Turn on your Roku and go to the home screen.
2. Select the Streaming channels option from the home screen.
3. Choose the Search channels option and enter Apple TV on the search bar.
4. Search and choose Apple TV from the search results.
5. Click on the Add Channel button.
6. Once the channel gets added, select the OK button from the prompt.
7. On the next screen, choose the Go to Channel option to launch Apple TV.
How to Activate Apple TV Channel on Roku Ultra
1. After you launch it, select the Settings icon from the home screen.
2. Select Accounts → Sign In.
3. You will now have two options to sign in to the Apple TV channel: Sign In On Mobile Device and Sign In On This TV.
4. When you choose Sign In On Mobile Device, you will be required to go to https://activate.apple.com/. Next, enter the Activation Code and select the Continue button. After that, log in to your subscription account to activate the Apple TV channel.
5. By choosing Sign In On This TV: You can enter your Apple TV account credentials to access the content available on the Apple TV directly.
How to Watch Apple TV Movies on Roku
After activating the Apple TV channel, you can browse and stream your favorite content.
1. You can explore and choose the content in the Library section or search or browse by category.
2. Once you select the content, click Buy or Rent.
3. Type the Apple ID password to purchase the content.
4. After that, click Play to stream movies or series on Roku.
Apple TV Supported Roku Devices
The following table contains the list of devices that support the Apple TV app:
|Roku 2||4205, 4210|
|Roku 3||4200, 4230|
|Roku TV||7000x, C000x, 8000x, A000x, 6000x|
|Roku Express||3900, 3930|
|Roku Express+||3910, 3931|
|Roku Premiere||3920, 4620|
|Roku Premiere+||3921, 4630|
|Roku Ultra||4640, 4660, 4661, 4670, 4800, 4802|
|Roku Ultra LT||4662, 4801|
|Roku Express 4K||3900, 3940|
|Roku Express 4K+||3910, 3941|
|Roku Streaming Stick||3600, 3800|
|Roku Streaming Stick+||3810, 3811|
|Roku Streaming Stick 4K||3820|
|Roku Streaming Stick 4K+||3821|
How to Fix the Apple TV Not Working Issue on Roku
The following are the troubleshooting methods that will help you to solve the Apple TV not working issue on Roku.
Can’t Find Apple TV on Roku
- Make sure that your Roku device model supports the app.
- Disconnect the VPN on Roku if connected to any.
Apple TV Won’t Load on Roku
- Ensure that you are using a stable internet connection. Otherwise, the content on the Apple TV app will not load properly.
- Restart your router and fix the internet connectivity issues.
- Clear the app cache on Roku and check the app works fine.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Apple TV app to fix the bugs on the app.
- Some bugs might cause the Apple TV app to not load the content properly. Try restarting your Roku to fix the issue.
- Check whether the Apple TV server is down. You can visit Downdetector [https://downdetector.com/status/apple-tv/] to identify server issues.
Can’t Sign in to the Apple TV App on Roku
- Make sure that you have entered the correct login credentials.
- Restart the Apple TV app.
- Double-check if you have signed in to Apple TV on more than 3 devices.
Apple TV Isn’t Compatible
- If the Apple TV channel keeps crashing, update the Apple TV app on the Channel Store and check again.
- Upgrade the Roku device to keep the device compatible with the app.
- If it doesn’t work still, reset the Roku TV to the factory settings.
How to Cancel Apple TV Subscription on Roku
If you no longer need the Apple TV channel, you can cancel your Apple TV subscription on Roku right away before you delete the channel.
1. Press the Right button on your remote while you are on the home screen.
2. Select the Apple TV tile from the channel’s grid.
3. Next, press the Asterisk button on your remote.
4. After that, select the Manage your Subscription option from the prompt on the screen.
5. Now, choose the Cancel Subscription option and get the subscription towards Apple TV canceled.
You can install the Apple TV app for free. However, you need a subscription to use the service.
Yes, AppleTV+ is available on Roku devices in Canada.