BBC News is a 24-hours news network operated under BBC Global News. This channel was launched in 1995, and it has grown rapidly since then. Currently, this international news network is accessible in nearly 86 countries worldwide. It attracts millions and millions of viewers in the U.S. If you are looking for a trustworthy news channel to watch on your Roku device, you shall rely on the BBC News on Roku.
BBC News may not be directly available on Roku Channel Store, but luckily there are still some other ways to watch it on your Roku device. BBC News channel has been a very popular and trusted news coverage channel for a very long time. This channel could be the go-to destination for anyone who wants to keep themselves updated about all the international news. We will help you figure out all the possible ways to stream BBC News on Rok in this guideu.
How to watch BBC News on Roku – Via YouTube TV?
BBC News comes as an add-on channel with YouTube TV. So you can watch BBC News on Roku by installing YouTube TV on your Roku device. Before looking into the steps to stream BBC News via YouTube TV, visit tv.youtube.com and start a free trial.
1. Connect your Roku device to the HDMI port of your Smart TV and turn it on.
2. You will see the Streaming Channels menu on the home page of Roku. Click on it.
3. Under the Streaming Channels section, select Search Channels.
4. Type ‘YouTube TV’ using the virtual keyboard and click on YouTube TV on the channel suggestion list.
5. Once the YouTube TV app page opens, click Add Channels under Channel details.
6. Now, the YouTube TV app has been added to your Roku device. Open it and follow the on-screen instruction to finish the sign-in process.
7. After login in to the YouTube TV app, search for ‘BBC news’ and start watching the BBC News channel on your Roku device.
Alternative Methods to stream BBC News on Roku
Screen Mirroring BBC News from Android
Before moving on to the steps to start mirroring BBC News from Android, enable ‘Prompt’ on your Roku device. To check, go to Settings > Screen mirroring from your Roku’s main interface and select Prompt. Also, make sure that your Roku device and Android mobile are connected under the same W-Fi network. Let us see the steps!
1. Install the BBC News app on your Android mobile from Google Play Store.
2. Open the app and follow the on-screen instruction to log in.
3. Once you sign in to the BBC News app on your Android mobile, swipe down to open the Navigation panel and tap on the Screen Cast icon.
4. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Now, you will get a prompt message request on your Roku device. After you allow the request and screen mirroring to get started, you can start watching BBC News.
AirPlay BBC News from iOS device
To AirPlay BBC News on Roku, first, you should turn on the AirPlay mode on your Roku device. To do that, go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit and turn on the AirPlay mode. Ensure that your iOS and Roku devices are connected under the same Wi-Fi network. And then, follow the below steps to AirPlay BBC News from an iOS device.
1. Install the BBC News app on your iOS device from App Store.
2. Open the downloaded BBC News app and sign in.
3. Swipe-up or Swipe-down to open the Control Panel and select the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Find and select your Roku device in the list of available devices.
5. An Activation Code will appear on your Roku device screen. Enter it on your iPhone and select Ok.
6. That’s all. Within a few seconds, you can access your iPhone screen on your Roku device. You can now stream BBC News on Roku.
Related: CBC News Network on Roku
We hope, this blog will clarify all your doubts about how to stream BBC News on Roku. Other than live news broadcasting, there are also different sorts of content available in BBC news to stream, such as Politics, Health, Science, Travel, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Sports, and so on. So you can keep yourself updated in all the domains with the BBC News network. Just follow any of the above methods and start streaming BBC News content on your Roku device.