If you are using a TV provider or streaming service that doesn’t offer a cartoon channel, you can install Boomerang on Roku. Boomerang is officially available on the Roku Channel Store and you can download it to stream your favorite shows.
Boomerang provides nearly 5,000+ cartoon movies and series, which include Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, The Looney Tunes, and more. You can stream your favorite shows without the interruption of ads.
This article shows you the steps to install, sign up, and activate Boomerang on your Roku TV streaming device. Read the screen mirroring method which helps you to mirror the app from your smartphone to Roku.
What’s on Boomerang
- Allows you to watch unlimited ad-free cartoons on a subscription basis.
- You can download and watch cartoons anywhere you want.
- No activation is needed can be accessed by signing in.
- By subscribing to Boomerang, you get access to watch exclusive original cartoons as well.
How to Add Boomerang on Roku
Boomerang can be accessed only when you purchase the subscription. Boomerang offers premium plans in monthly ($5.99) and yearly ($44.99) billing cycles.
1. On the homepage of Roku, click on the Streaming Channels option.
2. Under Streaming Channels, you will find various options. Click on the Search Channel button.
3. Enter the key term Boomerang and press the OK button on your remote. Next, click on the Boomerang suggestions on the side.
4. The Boomerang app page will open on your device.
5. Click on the Add Channel to install this channel to your device.
7. Once the channel is added, you will receive a prompt on the screen. Select the OK button on the prompt which is displayed.
8. You can select the Go to Channel option to launch Boomerang.
9. Select Sign In and enter the Boomerang account credentials to start watching your favorites.
How to Sign Up for Boomerang on Roku
If you don’t have a Boomerang account, you can sign up on the Roku device right away.
1. Open Boomerang and Click on the Subscribe button.
2. Choose the plan of your choice.
3. Verify your age and sign up using your Roku account or a different one.
4. If you are using the Roku email address, you will be billed through Roku.
5. Now, you will be asked for the PIN. Enter the Roku PIN you have set. Doing so, Boomerang will be charged via Roku.
6. Sign in to confirm your subscription and use the Boomerang app on your device.
How to Screen Mirror Boomerang on Roku
If you have installed the Boomerang app on your Android devices like smartphones and tablets, you can easily mirror the app to Roku with its built-in screen mirroring feature.
Note: Before initiating the mirroring process, enable Screen mirroring on Roku.
1. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Search and install the Boomerang app.
3. Next, ensure you have connected your Android device to the same WiFi network as Roku.
4. Open the Notification Panel, locate the Cast icon, and select it.
5. A list of nearby devices will be displayed on the screen. From there, choose your Roku device.
6. Your Android device will now be mirrored to Roku.
7. Launch the Boomerang app and sign in to your account.
8. Choose any of your cartoon shows and enjoy mirroring them to Roku.
How to Cancel Boomerang Subscription on Roku
If you like to take a break or no longer need it, you cancel the Boomerang subscription on your Roku device.
1. On your Roku, highlight the Boomerang channel.
2. Tap the * button on the Roku remote.
3. From the options, select Manage Subscription.
4. Next, click Cancel Subscription to terminate the service.
The Boomerang channel is free to install on Roku TV and streaming devices.
Yes. Boomerang provides a 7-day free trial to new users.
Yes, you can add Boomerang as a channel on your Prime Video account.