If you’re someone who enjoys learning and exploring interesting topics related to Science, Nature, History, and Technology, then Curiosity Stream could be a valuable resource for you. Curiosity Stream is a streaming platform that specializes in delivering documentaries, docudramas, and several other non-fictional content. It is a subscription-based service that provides on-demand content as well. Subscribers can watch Curiosity Stream on all the well-known streaming devices, and Roku is also an inclusion.
How Much is Curiosity Stream on Roku
Curiosity Stream offers two kinds of plans on a monthly and yearly basis. They are Standard and Smart Bundle.
- Standard: $4.99/month; $29.99/year – Includes 1000s of documentaries with an offline-download feature.
- Smart Bundle: $9.99/month; $52.49/year – Includes documentaries, offline-download feature, simultaneous streaming, and bundled access to Nebula, Tastemade, etc.
NOTE: Curiosity Stream offers flexible plans, and users can cancel them anytime.
What’s on Curiosity Stream
- Curiosity Stream offers 1000s of documentaries, award-winning exclusives, and originals.
- It has some of the best science programs in its lineup, like Nature, Light on Earth, Engineering of the Future, and more.
- It provides automated content recommendations based on your favorite topics.
- It has a parental control feature to prevent the underaged from watching inappropriate content.
- Curiosity Stream supports streaming in 4K Ultra HD quality too.
How to Sign Up for Curiosity Stream
1. Go to Curiosity Stream’s website on a browser.
2. Click on Sign Up Now on its home screen.
3. After deciding on a plan, click Select this Plan.
4. Now, enter your e-mail address & password and click Continue to Last Step.
5. In the following payments section, provide your credit card details and apply a promo code if available.
6. After this, click the Sign up now option and create your Curiosity Stream account.
How to Get Curiosity Stream on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
2. On Roku’s home screen, select the Streaming Channels option.
3. In that, choose Search Channels.
4. Enter Curiosity Stream in the search tab provided.
5. Now, the channel gets suggested. Click on Add Channel option.
6. The channel will now get installed and added to your Roku device.
7. After the process gets completed, click on the Go to Channel option to launch the Curiosity Channel.
How to Activate Curiosity Stream on Roku
1. Launch the Curiosity Channel on your Roku device.
2. Now, an activation code along with a web link (https://curiositystream.com/activate) gets displayed on your TV.
3. Open this web link on any device’s browser and enter the activation code in the space provided. Then click Continue.
4. Now, a sign-in screen opens up. Sign in with your e-mail address & password you created a while back.
5. After signing in successfully, the app refreshes on your Roku device and takes you into your account.
NOTE: You can also sign in with a TV Provider account if you have subscribed to it in the above-mentioned way. TV providers offering Curiosity Stream in their service include layer3tv, Xfinity, and other traditional Cable TV services.
Alternative Ways to Watch Curiosity Streams on Roku
Apart from Curiosity Stream’s official app, Curiosity Stream is also available on many OTT platforms, Pay-TV operators, and broadband ISPs. They are either available as add-ons or as a part of a subscription package. Some of the streaming services that provide Curiosity Stream are mentioned below.
fuboTV on Roku is a popular streaming service that has a lot of sports channels in its lineup. It offers a lot of modern features, add-ons, and live TV channels. Some of its impressive features include 1000hrs of DVR storage, 10 simultaneous streams, and streaming quality in 720p &1080p.
Curiosity Stream is available as a part of a channel bundle called Extra, which is an add-on. It costs $7.99/month. All you need to do is subscribe to any of the 4 plans (Pro, Elite, Premier, Latino) that fuboTV offers and become eligible to get that add-on.
Sling TV on Roku is a great alternative to the conventional cable network. It offers Live TV along with several on-demand content and add-ons. It is also a host of local TV channels. You can stream it on 3 devices concurrently and avail of 50 to 200 hours of cloud DVR storage.
Sling offers three kinds of subscriptions called Sling Orange, Sling Blue, and Sling Orange & Blue. Curiosity Stream is available as an add-on at $3/month. You are required to have a Sling Subscription to be eligible to get an add-on.
YouTube TV on Roku is one of the leading TV channel streaming services available exclusively in the United States. It has 100s of TV channels and several add-ons like NBA TV, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. as well. It offers unlimited DVR space and allows for 3 simultaneous streams.
YouTube TV has two kinds of plans, namely the Base Plan and the Spanish Plan. After subscribing to the Base Plan, you can get the Curiosity Stream add-on at $2.99/month, along with a 7-day free trial.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. It offers only a 7-day free trial for Curiosity Stream. When the free trial ends, you need to pay for the service.
Yes. It can be streamed on almost all devices/platforms like Samsung TV, LG TV, Apple TV, Firestick, etc.
This problem was resolved a long back. But, if you still experience such issues, restart the channel and your Roku device to fix this.