Disney Plus is one of the best streaming services offering content from famous studios like Fox, National Geographic, Marvel, Pixar, and their very own Disney studios. From all these mentioned platforms, you’ll get a variety of content like movies, TV shows, and animated content. In addition to this, you’ll get access to sports content like Premier League football, Tennis, etc. Fortunately, Disney Plus is available on app stores of many devices, including Roku. Download the app from the Roku Channel Store and enjoy watching its content with ease.
How Much is Disney Plus on Roku?
Disney Plus offers two kinds of packages, namely Disney Bundle and Disney+. The plans included in the packages and their respective pricing are given below.
- Duo Basic: $9.99/month (Includes Hulu, Disney+ with Ads)
- Trio Basic: $12.99/month (Includes Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ with Ads)
- Trio Premium: $19.99/month (Includes Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ with No Ads)
- Basic: $7.99/month – with ads
- Premium: $10.99/month – no ads
What’s on Disney Plus?
- Includes all the movies and TV shows produced by Disney and Marvel studios.
- Offers simultaneous streaming on upto 4 devices.
- Disney Plus provides Dolby Atmos sound for select programs.
- With Disney Bundle, users can get Hulu and ESPN+ content also at a discounted price.
- Users can create a Favorites section where they can add their close-to-heart content.
- For a single account, users can create upto 7 user profiles.
- Users can download content and watch it offline too.
- Many programs have subtitle support in multiple languages.
How to Sign Up for Disney Plus
1. Visit the Disney Plus website on a browser.
2. Scroll down and choose either Disney+ or Disney Bundle.
3. Then, choose a suitable plan from the appearing ones and click on it.
4. Now, you’ll be asked to register an e-mail address. Enter your e-mail address in the required field and click Agree & Continue.
5. An 8-digit code will be sent to your e-mail id. Enter that in the signup screen.
6. After this, you’ll be asked to set a password. Enter a strong password and click Continue.
7. Following this, the payments section opens up. You can pay with either a Debit/Credit card or PayPal.
8. Enter your payment details and click on Agree & Subscribe.
9. After successful payment, your Disney Plus account will get created.
10. You can use the registered e-mail id and password to log in to your Disney Plus account on your Roku.
How to Add Disney Plus on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku device and connect it to the internet.
2. On its Home screen, click on the Streaming Channels.
3. In that, select Search Channels.
4. Type in Disney Plus and search for it.
5. Then, click on Add Channels in the suggested app.
6. Wait till the app gets downloaded and installed on your device.
7. After this, click on Go to Channel to launch the Disney Plus channel on Roku.
Alternate Way to Get Disney Plus on Roku
You can also download the Disney Plus app from the Roku Channel Store website on your Roku device. To do this,
1. Visit the Roku Channel Store website on a browser.
2. Click on the Sign in option and enter the required credentials to log in to your Roku account.
3. Now, type in Disney Plus in the Search channels box and search for it.
4. The app gets suggested. Click on + Add channel.
5. The app will get added to your Roku device within 24 hours.
6. Disney Plus will get added immediately if you update your Roku firmware/OS.
How to Activate & Watch Disney Plus on Roku
To watch Disney Plus on a Roku device, users need to activate it on their particular device. Here’s how to do it.
1. Launch the Disney Plus app on your Roku device.
2. Click on the Sign In option.
3. Now, an activation code along with a weblink (https://www.disneyplus.com/begin) gets displayed on your Roku-connected TV.
4. Open the web link on a browser and type the activation code in the required field. Click Continue after entering.
5. Now, you’ll be asked to sign in to your Disney Plus account on the browser. Do it to activate Disney Plus on your Roku.
6. After successful activation, the Disney Plus app refreshes on your Roku device and takes you into your account.
7. Now, you can select movies or your favorite TV shows and start watching them on your Roku device.
How to Screen Mirror Disney Plus on Roku
Roku users can also screen mirror Disney Plus from the Disney Plus app installed on their Android devices. But there are a few prerequisites you need to do before Screen Mirroring and they are,
- Enable Screen Mirroring on your Roku device.
- Connect your Roku and Android device to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Now, open Google Play Store on your Android device.
2. Search for Disney Plus in it.
3. Click on Install and download the app from Play Store.
4. In the meanwhile, swipe down the Notification Panel from the top and click on Cast.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Roku device and connect your Roku to it.
6. After this, open the Disney Plus app once the installation is over and sign in to your account.
7. Now, you can stream your favorite Disney+ content simultaneously on your Android device & Roku.
How to Cancel/Unsubscribe Disney Plus Subscription on Roku
Since there are no contracts, users can cancel their Disney Plus subscription anytime. To cancel the subscription,
1. Turn on your Roku device and connect to the internet.
2. Next, hit the Right Arrow button on your Roku remote.
3. Now, a list of available channels will appear on the screen. From there, choose the Disney Plus channel and press the Asterisk (*) button on your remote.
4. From the pop-up window, select Manage subscription.
5. Then, click the Cancel subscription option.
6. Now, confirm cancellation by clicking the Cancel subscription option in the following pop-up.
7. Finally, your subscription to Disney Plus will be canceled.
This method only works if you have subscribed to Disney Plus through Roku. If you have subscribed through its native website, you have to follow certain other ways to cancel your Disney Plus subscription.
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working on Roku
If you find the Disney Plus channel not working on your Roku device, you can try the basic troubleshooting methods provided below.
- Close and reopen the Disney Plus app.
- Update the Disney Plus app on Roku.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Check your Internet speed.
- Restart your Roku device.
- Update your Roku OS/Firmware to its latest version.
Frequently Asked Questions
Currently, Disney Plus doesn’t offer a free trial to its users.
No. Disney Plus is not available with Amazon Prime Video.