The ESPN app offers sports games like Football, Cricket, F1, NBA, NFL, Tennis, Golf, MLB, Super Bowl, and many more. Also, you can get and stream your favorite sports with the ESPN app on Roku.
How Much is ESPN on Roku
Access to the ESPN app is free with participating cable TV providers like Spectrum, Cox, Verizon FiOS, Optimum, Xfinity, Suddenlink, and more. Don’t worry if you don’t have a cable TV provider that offers the ESPN channel because you can anytime subscribe to ESPN Plus to access the content on the ESPN app.
The following are the subscription plans offered by ESPN Plus:
- Monthly Plan: $9.99 per month
- Annual Plan: $99.99 per month
You can subscribe to ESPN Plus through its official website.
Does My Roku Support the ESPN App
The following table contains the list of Roku device models that supports the ESPN app.
|Roku Device Models||Model Number|
|Roku Premiere||(3920X, 4620X)|
|Roku Premiere Plus||(3921X, 4630X)|
|Roku Ultra||(4640X, 4660X), (4661X) 4K|
|Roku Express||(3700X, 3900X)|
|Roku Express Plus||(3710X, 3910X)|
|Roku Streaming Stick||(3500X/EU) (3600X, 3800X)|
|Roku Streaming Stick Plus||(3810X)|
|Roku 1||SE (2710X/EU)|
|Roku 2||(2720X/EU) (4210X)|
|Roku 3||(4200X/EU) (230X)|
|Roku TV||All latest models|
How to Get ESPN on Roku
1. Turn on Roku and go to the home screen.
2. Next, scroll down and select the Streaming Channels option.
3. Navigate to the Search Channels option.
4. Search for ESPN using the virtual keyboard.
5. Choose the ESPN tile from the search results.
6. After that, hit the Add Channel button from the channel info page.
How to Activate ESPN on Roku
The activation process is different for Cable TV account holders and ESPN Plus users.
Activate Using Cable TV Provider
1. Open the ESPN app and open Settings.
2. From Settings, select the Provider Account option.
3. Select the Activate Live TV button and note down the Activation Code displayed on the screen.
4. Open the web browser on your computer and go to the ESPN activation webpage.
5. Enter the Activation code displayed on the TV screen and hit the Continue button.
6. On the next screen, choose the cable TV provider and sign in with that account.
7. After that, the ESPN app will get activated on Roku.
Activate ESPN on Roku without Cable TV Provider (ESPN Plus Subscription)
1. Open Settings on the ESPN app.
2. Select Subscriptions > ESPN+.
3. Next, select the Log In button, and the activation code will get displayed on your Tv screen.
4. Next, from any web browser, visit the activation webpage of ESPN.
5. Enter the activation code and click the Continue button.
6. Enter the ESPN Plus account credentials and sign in to that account to activate the ESPN Plus app.
7. After that, you can get access to the ESPN app’s content on Roku.
Can you Get ESPN on Roku Without Cable
Yes, there is a lot of live TV service provider that offers the ESPN channel.
You can get the ESPN channel via DIRECTV Stream in all the subscription plans offered by DIRECTV Stream. The subscription plans offered by DIRECTV Stream are:
- Entertainment Plan: $69.99 per month.
- Choice Plan: $89.99 per month.
- Ultimate Plan: $104.99 per month.
- Premiere Plan: $149.99 per month.
Hulu is one of the best choices for streaming the ESPN channel. Since Hulu offers various subscription plans, you need the Hulu+Live TV plan at $69.99 per month to get the ESPN channel with 70+ other live TV channels.
By adding YouTube TV on Roku, you can stream the ESPN channel. Further, you need to subscribe to YouTube TV for $69.99 per month. Additionally, you will get a 14-day free trial if you are a new user.
Philo is an affordable streaming service that helps you in streaming the ESPN channel. You only need to subscribe to Philo at $25 per month for that.
The ESPN app may be incompatible with your Roku device model, and that’s why you can’t find the ESPN app on Roku.
Make sure that you have entered the correct activation code. Also, ensure that you have entered the right credentials (TV provider or ESPN Plus account) account for activation.
To cancel the ESPN Plus subscription, go to the channel’s grid and select the ESPN Plus tile. Next, press the Asterisk button on your remote and choose the Manage Subscription option. Then, choose the Cancel Subscription option to cancel the ESPN Plus subscription.