It is a media platform to upload, edit and share photos and videos around the globe. It is a public network for everyone who has a casual interest in photography and explores the best collections in the world. This application was designed in 2004 by Ludicorp. But presently, it has been owned by SmugMug since April 20, 2018. Flickr offers different modes of accounts like Free and Pro. Free accounts will see ads on Flickr pages, but Pro accounts won’t see ads while surfing. Flickr app is available on the Roku channel store so that you can explore billions of best photos and videos by installing the app on your TV.
Best Features of Flickr
These are the top-notch features of Flickr to provide the best service to users and also compete with the market.
You have to create a Profile/Account to share photos and videos. Once it is done, the dashboard appears, which looks similar to a Facebook account as it allows you and others to view or keep track of your media.
It has a unique feature to save photos and videos to Photo Albums, in which you can also add other user media to your gallery.
This option helps to modify your photo album privacy to private or public. If your media is set to private, then only you and those you have permitted will be able to view your content.
Using this option, users can organize photos with separate albums for all the events. Moreover, it is easy and convenient for you and others to search for desired photos.
Whenever you mark a star as the favorite photo on Flickr, it will be stored automatically in the Faves tab on your profile.
You can easily connect with people by adding them directly through Flickr if you would like to have friends. In addition, it has an option to upload your contact list to Flickr and send invites to friends who don’t have profiles yet.
Flickr offers statistics option to see who checked on your profile and how they found you. This is especially useful for those who wish to use Flickr as a medium to grow their following/brand.
Reasons to Buy Flickr Pro
The following are the identical merits to users for an upgrade to a pro subscription.
- Unlimited Storage.
- Ad-Free Browsing.
- Stats on your photo views.
- Desktop Uploadr for automatically backing-up images.
- 6K Photo Display Option.
- 10-minute videos upgraded from 3 minutes to tell your story in detail.
- Premier Customer Service.
- Partner Discounts.
- 50% off for the first year on new subscription of SmugMug.
- Two complimentary months ($20 value) of the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan.
- $35 dollars off on Blurb Photo Book purchase up to 4 times a year.
- 20% off Priime’s Lightroom presets bundle.
- 1K monitored images and 10 takedown notices using a Pixsy plan.
- 1 free month and unlimited access to Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom course.
Related: Google Photos on Roku
How to Add Flickr on Roku?
Flickr app is available on the Roku Channel Store. You can add the channel on the device directly from the Channel Store.
(1) Press the Home button using the Roku remote.
(2) Scroll down to select the Streaming Channels option.
(3) Navigate to the Search bar and type Flickr using the on-screen keyboard.
(4) From the suggestions list, Click Flickr and tap the Go to channel option to install.
(5) Click OK to proceed and open the app.
(6) That’s it. Sign in using your credentials, and then you can explore, browse photos and videos of Flickr.
If you don’t have a Flickr account, you can sign up for free at flickr.com. If you want to search for trending photos, you can check this web page flickr.com/photos/tags and browse billions of images worldwide.