If you are an anime fan, you might know about Funimation. Funimation is the platform to get all the popular and latest anime content around the globe. You can get the English dubbed anime content and subtitles available for all your favorites. Even you can access some of the anime content totally free. Other than that, you also have the option to download your favorite anime content. Moreover, Funimation is officially available in the Roku Channel Store to install the app on Roku devices.
What’s on Funimation?
- Funimation brings to you popular and classic anime with subtitles.
- It streams hundreds of anime series, feature movies, and shows.
- All the content on Funimation streams in HD and is free of advertisements.
- Also, the Japanese shows on Funimation have subtitles.
- Additionally, English dubbed episodes of any new episode are added within 14 days of its broadcast.
- Other popular Animes include Attack on Titan, Back Arrow, Strike Witches, Appare-Ranman, and Wonder Egg Priority.
- Create playlists and add your favorite shows to the list.
- Funimation has one of the best collections of classic animes. It includes Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Black Butler.
How Much Does Funimation Cost on Roku
You can only watch some content offered by Funimation for free. To get complete access, you need to be a premium subscriber. Funimation offers two subscription plans with a 14-day free trial. They are:
Premium – $7.99 per month | $79.99 per year | 2 Simultaneous Streaming
Premium Plus – $9.99 per month | $99.99 per year | 5 simultaneous Streaming
How to Sign up for Funimation Subscription
To subscribe to Funimation, you can visit the Funimation Website [www.funimation.com/subscribe/] to subscribe.
1. Open any web browser on the PC or smartphone and go to the Funimation Website.
2. Scroll down on the website and navigate to the Subscription section.
3. Choose the Subscription and select Start My Free Trial.
4. Enter the Email Address and Password.
5. Select Continue to begin the Free trial for Funimation.
After the Free trial, you can make a payment to subscribe to the Premium Plans. Suppose you don’t want a premium account, you can sign up for a free account. Funimation also provides a lot of content for free streaming.
How to Add Funimation on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku and connect to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Navigate to and select the Streaming Channel option.
3. Select the Search Channel option on the menu.
4. Search for Funimation using the virtual keyboard.
5. Pick the Funimation channel from the search results.
6. Further, choose the Add Channel option to install Funimation on Roku.
7. Click OK in the prompt and select Go to Channel to launch Funimation app.
8. Log in to your Funimation account and choose the content to stream on the Roku device.
Alternative Method to Stream Funimation on Roku
You can use the Roku Mobile app to add Funimation to Roku. You can use this method in case your Roku remote is not working.
1. Launch the Roku Mobile from your Android or iOS device.
Roku Mobile App – Google Play Store
Roku Mobile App – App Store
2. After that, from the bottom left corner, tap the Devices tab.
3. Make sure that you have connected your Android or iOS device and Roku to the same wifi network.
4. Now, your Roku Mobile app will scan for nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device to pair it with the Roku app.
5. After that, tap the Channels tab below your Roku device.
6. Select the Channel Store tab.
7. Next, search for Funimation and choose it from the search result.
8. Now, tap the Add Channel button, and within 24 hours, the Funimation channel will be added to Roku.
If you want the Funimation channel to show up immediately on your Roku Channels list, update Roku to the latest version. Apart from this, you can also screen mirror the Funimation app to Roku from Android or iOS devices. The Screen Mirroring and the AirPlay option have to be enabled before proceeding to screen mirroring.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the Funimation app is not working on Roku, you can try relaunching the app and reinstalling the app on the device. You can also restart the Roku device and check the internet connection to rectify the issue.
You can cancel the Funimation subscription on the Roku device by accessing the Manage Subscription option. Click Cancel Subscription to end the subscription anytime. You can also cancel the subscription on the Roku website.
Subtitles work well on the Funimation app, and you can access them on every content. If the Funimation subtitles are not working on Roku, you can restart the device.