Google TV is a very interesting application from Google. It makes streaming movies and TV shows on your TV much smarter. The Google TV app has all the movies, and TV shows that you have on other apps at the same place. On Google TV, you can find that the movies and TV shows have been categorized under genres. So finding movies according to your interests is easy with the Google TV app. It has a collection of more than 700,000 movies and TV shows from different applications. Also, you can get to know what is trending on different applications with the recommendations on Google TV. If you would like to know what streaming service provides a particular movie, then Google TV is the right place for you to find it. So let’s get started to add Google TV on Roku.
How to get Google TV on Roku?
The Google TV app was the rebranded Google Play Movies & TV app. Roku had the older version of the Google TV app in it. However, later in June 2021, this app was removed from the Roku Channel Store. So you can’t access the Google TV app on it. Instead, you can choose to access movies and shows from Google TV with the YouTube app. So let’s find out how to add it on Roku.
1. Initially, start your TV and connect the Roku device.
2. Connect your Roku device to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
3. From the home screen of Roku, choose the Streaming Channels option.
4. Navigate through the menu and click on the Search Channels option.
5. Using the search bar and the on-screen keyboard, search for the YouTube app.
6. On the next page, click on the Add Channel option and start downloading the YouTube app.
7. Wait for the download to complete and click the OK button.
8. Next, log in to the app with proper credentials.
9. Finally, search for any movie and enjoy watching it after buying it.
Related: SHOWTIME on Roku
There is only one way by which you can access Google TV on Roku. This is done by using the YouTube TV app. I hope you found this section useful with the same deal. You can buy or rent movies and enjoy watching them on YouTube. So, now you can have quality time on your TV enjoying movies with Google TV. I hope you find this section useful. If so, visit our blog for more updates and articles.