Hisense Roku TV is a television brand known for its special integration with the Roku Operating System in its television series. Though being a very efficient Television brand, just like any other electronics, there can be occasional issues that users may encounter with this TV. One such issue includes the no-sound problem. Barring serious hardware problems with the speaker, users themselves can fix this Hisense Roku TV no-sound issue with some simple yet effective workarounds.
Reasons for Hisense Roku TV No Sound Issue
There could be many reasons why you are facing the no-sound issue on your Hisense Roku TV. Some of the probable reasons are listed below.
- Poor internet connection
- Accumulation of unwanted cache files
- Outdated firmware or OS
- Incompatible audio settings
- Hardware issues with your TV
How to Solve Hisense Roku TV No Sound Issue
You can fix the Hisense Roku TV no-sound issue easily with some troubleshooting techniques. The troubleshooting methods are listed down in the order of easy-to-tough-to-do. Do that in the same order as we’ve provided below.
- Power Cycle your Hisense Roku TV
- Check your Internet Connection
- Clear Cache on your Hisense Roku TV
- Check your Hisense Roku TV’s Audio Settings
- Sync your Hisense Roku TV’s Audio and Video
- Fix Audio Distortion
- Update your Hisense Roku TV
- Factory Reset Hisense Roku TV
- Look into the Hardware Issue
- Contact Customer Support
Power Cycle your Hisense Roku TV
Power cycling is an age-old method that requires you to simply turn the device off and then turn it on again. This method would return your device to a clean state, possibly wiping out all the bugs and glitches along with it. In our case, it could fix your no-sound issue too.
1. Turn off your Hisense Roku TV and unplug all the connections.
2. Wait for a few minutes.
3. Now, turn on your Hisense Roku TV again.
4. Check if the sound issue still exists.
5. If yes, proceed to the next solution.
Check your Internet Connection
Sometimes a poor or unstable internet connection could be a cause for this issue. Hisense Roku TV can be connected to the internet either through a Wi-Fi network or via an ethernet cable. Check if the ethernet cable is plugged in properly beforehand.
1. Now, to check the signal strength of your Roku device, go to its Settings.
2. Go to Network and click About.
3. Look for the Signal Strength option and check how it’s been indicated (Poor, Good, or Excellent)
If your signal strength is marked Poor, then the problem has to be with your internet connection. Fix that by rebooting your router or reconnecting your ethernet cable to your TV. After doing so, see if your existing issue is solved. If not, follow the next solution.
Clear Cache on your Hisense Roku TV
A cache is a form of reserved data that helps software run faster. But, the accumulation of cache files over time results in the slowing down of your device and some other problems along with it. Hisense Roku TV’s no-sound issue can also be a result of excess cache storage. So, clearing cache files becomes necessary to fix it. To clear the cache on your Hisense Roku TV, follow the upcoming methodology.
1. Go to your TV’s home screen.
2. On your TV remote, press the Home button 5 times in a row.
3. Following that, press the Up arrow once.
4. Now, press the Rewind button twice, and finally, press the Fast Forward button twice.
After a few seconds, your Hisense Roku TV will shut down & restart again. This process would take just a minute or two. By now, your sound issue should have been fixed. If not, get going to the next set of solutions.
Check your Hisense Roku TV’s Audio Settings
Roku TVs, by default, are set to auto-detect the output mode (Internal TV speaker or sound bar). Sound does not work if it fails. In this case, you are required to set the audio output to a supported device manually. To do this,
1. On your Hisense Roku TV, go to Settings.
2. Click Audio → HDMI options.
3. There, you can see the list of connected audio output devices.
4. Scroll through that and switch to an audio device that works fine through a trial and error method.
5. Even after this, if you still experience the no sound issue, then go ahead and try the ensuing solutions.
Sync your Hisense Roku TV’s Audio & Video
The no-sound issue would come up if your TV’s audio and video are not in sync with each other. Fixing this could potentially solve the problem.
1. Turn on your Hisense Roku TV and go to its home screen.
2. Then, go to its Settings.
3. Click System, scroll down, and select Advanced System Settings.
4. In there, look for Auto-Adjust Display Refresh Rate option.
5. Select it and Disable this option.
6. Hopefully, your issue has been resolved. If not, try doing the remaining methods.
NOTE: Switch back to Auto-Adjust Display Refresh Rate if disabling the option causes any video playback issues.
Fix Audio Distortion
Switching the volume mode off is one way to fix distorted audio on your Hisense Roku TV. Volume mode on Hisense Roku TV is a feature that improves the sound experience. This Volume mode sometimes becomes the cause for no sound issues in Roku TV, and turning it off would help at times.
1. Turn on Roku TV and play any video.
2. Hit the Asterisk (*) button on your remote.
3. Scroll down and click on the Volume Mode.
4. Turn it off and see whether it solves your issue.
If the problem persists, proceed to the following steps.
Update your Hisense Roku TV
Running an older version of OS on your Roku device will bring you an array of unexpected problems and glitches to your device. Who knows, the no-sound issue you are facing right now could also be the manifestation of using an outdated OS. So, try updating your Roku TV device and possibly fix the issue.
1. Power on your Roku and connect it to stable internet.
2. Scroll down and select Settings, and in that, click on System.
3. Choose System Update and tap on Check now.
4. Now, your Hisense Roku TV will manually check for available updates.
5. If there are any updates, your Roku TV device will automatically download and install it.
6. And after a reboot, check if the issue persists.
If yes, try the remaining method.
Factory Reset Hisense Roku TV
Factory reset has to be the last resort while solving this issue because it deletes all the saved data and makes your device fresh. To factory reset your Roku TV device and get yourself out of Hisense Roku TV no sound issue, follow the below instructions.
1. Turn on your Roku TV and go to its Settings.
2. Select System → Advanced System Settings → Factory reset.
3. Now, you are required to enter the code displayed on your TV in the required space.
4. Click OK after entering the code.
Now, your Hisense Roku TV will return to its factory settings with the no-sound issue resolved too.
Look into the Hardware Issue
No amount of troubleshooting will help if there is a deep-lying hardware issue in your TV’s speakers. To figure that out, you need to dismantle your TV, which we personally won’t suggest unless you are a specialist. We recommend you go to the nearest Hisense TV service center and figure out the issue with the help of experts. If a speaker replacement is all that is needed, go for it without a second thought.
Contact Customer Support
To your dismay, if the issue has not been solved yet, try contacting the customer support team of Hisense or Roku. As they are experts in this field, they could potentially bring something new to the table and help fix the issue you are facing. Reach out to the Roku customer support website or Hisense’s customer support website to report your issue and fetch a remedy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. Hisense Roku TV has a tiny reset button on its left side. You can do a factory reset by pressing this button. But do remember that not all Hisense Roku TV models have a reset button attached to them.