If you ever get bored with Netflix content or have found better alternative streaming platforms, then cancelling your Netflix membership would be a wise move. As Netflix’s price is a bit on the higher side, cancelling your plan would save you a good chunk of money. Cancelling Netflix is a fairly easy process and involves no cancellation fees or hidden charges. Since Netflix can be subscribed to in various methods like the Netflix website or through your Roku, Apple IDs etc., you can only cancel it only through the method you subscribed to it in the first place.
Cancel Netflix Subscription on Roku
Your Netflix account gets linked to your Roku ID if you have subscribed to it via Roku. In this case, you need to cancel it through your Roku account. There are two ways to do this. One is to cancel it using Roku device and the other is through Roku’s Website.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription Using Roku Device
1. Power on your Roku device and connect it to the internet.
2. Go to Roku’s Home screen by pressing the Home button on its remote.
3. Use the arrow keys provided on Roku remote and navigate to the Netflix channel on Roku.
4. After it gets highlighted, press the Asterisk (*) button on the remote.
5. Now, click Manage Subscription in the list of options displayed.
6. Your Netflix subscription duration gets displayed. Click on Cancel subscription.
7. Click Cancel subscription again on the confirmation page.
8. Now, your subscription gets cancelled on Roku. But you’ll get access till your subscription ends.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription Using Roku Website
1. Go to Roku’s website and click on Sign in provided at the top.
2. Sign in to your Roku account.
3. Go to Manage account and choose the Manage your Subscriptions option.
4. Now, a list of all your subscriptions gets displayed. Select Netflix and click on Unsubscribe.
5. Again, click Yes, Unsubscribe on the confirmation page.
6. Now, you have successfully cancelled your Netflix subscription via the Roku website.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription Using Netflix Website
If you have subscribed to Netflix through its official website, then you need to cancel the subscription only on the website.
1. Visit Netflix’s official website using a web browser.
2. Enter your login credentials and click Sign In.
3. After signing in to your account, click on your profile at the top-right corner.
4. Tap on Account in the drop-down.
5. On the Accounts page, click on Cancel Membership.
6. Then, on the cancellation page, click on Finish Cancellation to confirm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. Sign in to your account to get back your account. You can restart your account at any time.
You can remove the Netflix account from Roku just by signing out of your account. Cancellation will take effect only after the end of your current billing period. So, we suggest you log out of the Netflix account on Roku after the billing period.