AirPods are wireless Bluetooth earbuds designed by Apple Inc and work great in the Apple ecosystem. They are lightweight, easy to use, and easy to carry along. Unfortunately, the Roku device cannot pair with Bluetooth headphones, including AirPods. However, the Roku device still has private listening, allowing us to connect the AirPods to your Phone and stream the audio from your Roku TV. To do so, we need to connect the smartphone and the Roku TV to the same WiFi and also log in to the Roku account on both devices using the same credentials.
Methods on How to Connect the Airpods to Roku TV
1. Turn on the Roku TV, and log in to your Roku account by connecting it to stable WiFi.
2. Parallelly install the Official Roku remote app on your iOS or Android device from the Play Store or App Store.
3. Open the Roku app on your mobile, and log in to the same Roku account as your Roku TV.
- Connect the smartphone and the Roku TV to the same WiFi network.
4. Pair the Airpods with your smartphone.
- iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth > Enable Bluetooth > Press Button on AirPod case > Follow Pairing instruction.
- Android: Settings > Bluetooth & Device Connection > Enable Bluetooth > Press Button on Airpod > Select Airpod device on Phone.
5. On the Roku app on your mobile, click the Remote option.
6. Now, tap on the Devices tab at the bottom right corner, and choose the Roku device you wish to pair from the list of devices.
7. Before listening to the audio, you must perform a few more steps.
8. On the Roku mobile app, go to the Devices tab.
9. Click on the Roku device from the list, and tap on the Remote option next to the devices tab.
10. Finally, on the remote screen, click on the Private Listening option.
11. Click Ok on the prompt enabling the private Listening option.
12. Play any content on your Roku device and enjoy listening to the audio using AirPods.
Tips! We can also use the AirPods to listen to Apple Music via Roku TV.
You can use the Airpods as a Bluetooth headset with a non-Apple device.