Roku is the ultimate streaming device for entertainment as you can install apps on it. Also, you can get popular streaming services like Hulu, Prime Video, Netflix, and more on Roku. But you need an internet connection to access these streaming services on Roku. Without connecting to the wifi network, you can’t access the channel store on Roku. So, the following section will guide you with connecting to wifi on Roku with or without a remote.
- Roku TV/Roku Player
- Roku app
- Wifi connection
How to Connect Roku TV to wifi
There are two ways you can use to connect Roku to wifi. They are:
- Connect Roku to wifi with a Remote
- Connect Roku to wifi without a Remote
Connect Roku to wifi With a Remote
If it’s the first time you’re going to use the Roku device, you can follow the steps below to connect it to a wifi network.
1. Setup your Roku device to your TV.
2. Next, follow the on-screen prompts, and you will see the Network screen.
3. From the Network section, select the Set up connection.
4. Next, choose the Wired option if you have an ethernet cable connected to your Roku device. If it’s the case, your Roku device will automatically be connected to the internet.
5. If you choose Wireless, select your wifi network. Then, you need to enter your wifi network’s name and password.
6. Next, select the Connect button. You will now be connected to a wifi network.
Reconnect to a wifi Network with a Remote
If you want to change the wifi network connected to Roku, you can refer to the steps below:
1. From the Roku home screen, select Settings.
2. Choose the Network option from the Settings.
3. Select the Set Up Connection from the left pane.
4. Then, choose the Wired option if you have connected Roku to an ethernet cable. Then, your Roku device will automatically connect to the internet.
5. If you are not connected to the ethernet cable, select the Wired option. Next, enter your wifi network credentials.
6. After that, select the Connect button. Now, you can add your favorites to Roku from the channel store using the internet connection.
Connect Roku to wifi Without a Remote
This process only works when your Roku device was set up and connected to a wifi network previously. You can also use this method if your Roku remote is not working.
 Connect your PC to a wifi network and create a temporary wifi hotspot (Settings >> Network & Internet >> Mobile Hotspot >> Share my internet connection with other device)
Note: Make sure to change the wifi network name & password to the network you used to connect on Roku.
 Connect your smartphone to the newly created network.
 Now, turn on your Roku device and launch the Roku app on your Smartphone.
 Click on Devices from the bottom panel.
 Click on Remote under your Roku device.
 Using the Roku app, navigate to Settings on the Roku device.
 Choose Network Settings and Set up connection.
 Choose either Wireless or Wired and connect to the available Network.
 Now, your Roku device has been connected to a wifi network without a remote, and you can disable your temporary hotspot.
In case your Roku won’t connect to Wifi, it may be because of a weak internet signal, magnetic interference, and more. But you can fix the issue by placing the Router close to Roku and removing the magnetic interferences.