Since Roku is a paradise of thousands of streaming platforms, the internet is essential to access them. You can connect the internet to Roku using an ethernet cable and a WIFI network. If you are looking for ways to connect Roku to WIFI, then use the Network option within Roku Settings to set up a WIFI connection. Primarily remote control is used to navigate to this option on Roku. Moreover, you can also use Roku’s official app to get to this option even if you don’t have a remote control. Continue reading further to learn how to connect Roku to WIFI without a remote and with a remote in no time.
How to Connect Roku TV to WIFI With Remote
Using the remote is the most straightforward way to bind your Roku to WIFI. But separate methods are involved for connecting Roku to WIFI for the first time and reconnecting. So we have given the methodology for both below.
Connect Roku to WIFI for the First time
If it’s your first time using the Roku device, you can follow the steps below to connect it to a WIFI network.
1. Set up your Roku device to your TV.
2. Next, follow the on-screen prompts, and you will see the Network screen.
3. There, select the Set up connection.
4. Next, choose the Wired option if you have an ethernet cable connected to your Roku device. If so, your Roku device will automatically be connected to the internet.
5. If you choose Wireless, select your WIFI network. Then, you need to enter your WIFI network’s name and password.
6. Next, select the Connect button. You will now be connected to a WIFI network.
Reconnect Roku to a WIFI Network
If you want to change the WIFI network connected to Roku, you can refer to the steps below:
1. From the Roku home screen, select Settings.
2. Select the Network option and Set Up Connection from the left pane.
3. Then, choose the Wired option if you have connected Roku to an ethernet cable. Then, your Roku device will automatically connect to the internet.
4. If you are not connected to the ethernet cable, select the Wireless option. Next, enter your WIFI network credentials.
5. After that, select the Connect button. Now, you can add your favorites to Roku from the channel store using the internet connection.
Connect Roku to WIFI Without a Remote
Even if your Roku remote is not working, you can connect to a WIFI network. At times of Also, this process only works when your Roku device was previously set up and connected to a WIFI network.
2. Connect your PC to a WIFI network and create a temporary WIFI hotspot by selecting the following options: Settings → Network & Internet → Mobile Hotspot → Share my internet connection with other device.
Note: Make sure to change the WIFI network name & password to the network you used to connect on Roku.
3. Now, connect your smartphone to the newly created network.
4. Then, turn on your Roku device and launch the Roku app on your smartphone.
5. Click on Devices from the bottom panel.
6. Then, choose the Remote option under your Roku device. By doing so, your Smartphone and Roku will get connected. You can now use the Roku app to control your Roku device.
7. Navigate to Settings on the Roku device using the Roku app.
8. Choose Network Settings and Set up connection.
9. Select either Wireless or Wired and connect to the available network.
10. Now, your Roku device has been connected to a WIFI network without a remote, and you can disable your temporary hotspot.
If your Roku doesn’t connect to WIFI, it may be because of a weak internet signal, magnetic interference, and more. But you can fix the issue by placing the Router close to Roku and removing the magnetic interferences.