WiFi is a network that uses a radio frequency signal instead of wires to connect your devices to the internet. Once you have connected your device to a particular WiFi, it will remember the WiFi credential and connects the devices automatically in the future. So, if you wish to connect your Roku device to a different WiFi network, always ensure to disconnect the Roku TV from the existing WiFi. Though the process is simple, it is a bit buried, making it hard for the users to find them. Or else you might be facing some network issue, and it would demand to disconnect and reset the Roku device.
How to Disconnect Roku TV from the WiFi [With Remote]
1. Open the Roku home page by clicking the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Move to the Settings open from the menu.
3. Choose the System option from the settings.
4. Then, click on the Advance system settings.
5. Now, move to the Network Connection Reset option and select the Reset Connection.
6. After this process, you will not be able to see the Roku device connected to a WiFi connection.
This process will disconnect the WiFi that is connected to your Roku TV.
How to Disconnect Roku TV from WiFi [Without Remote]
1. Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as your Roku TV.
3. Launch the Roku remote app, and sign in using the associated Roku credentials.
4. Tap on the Device option at the bottom right corner of the screen.
5. Now, choose the Roku device you wish to connect from the list of devices.
6. When connected, click on the Remote option below the device’s name.
7. Finally, using the Remote interface, you can control the Roku TV, similar to the physical remote.
8. Follow the above-mentioned procedure to disconnect the Roku TV from the WiFi.
Turn on your Roku device, using your Roku remote, and select settings > Network > Wireless (WiFi) > set up a new WiFi connection. Using this method, you can change the WiFi on Roku.