Roku is one of the most popular streaming services available in the market. Roku comes with a well-designed remote with user-friendly features. Like any other streaming device, Roku can be controlled easily with the help of the remote. But, whatever the device that you own, it might be a big deal once you lose the remote control. You will have to check the entire house to finally find it under the couch. Has that ever happened to you? But, that might not be the case with your Roku. The Roku remote can be easily found once lost. If you feel this fascinating, let’s discuss how to find a lost Roku remote in this section.
How to Find a Lost Roku Remote
Let’s find out how to find the lost Roku remote in detail.
Enable the Alert Audio
You need to do this before you lose the remote. It would be better to do the following after you set up your Roku device.
1. Firstly, turn on your Roku TV and take the Roku remote in your hand.
2. From the home screen, launch Settings and select the Remotes and Devices option.
3. Next, select the Remotes option and choose your Roku remote from the list.
4. From the menu, select Change Remote Finder Sound.
5. From the list on your screen, choose a suitable audio alert after listening to them.
6. Next, click on OK.
7. If you’d like to listen to a preview of the alert, click on the Preview Remote Finder Sound option.
8. You can hear the alert audio right from the Roku remote.
Note: The Lost Remote Finder function won’t work in the cases below.
- Once the remote is out of the wireless network’s range.
- If the Roku remote has completely drained removable batteries.
- In case the Roku remote has an empty or low-charged rechargeable battery.
Using Hands-Free Voice Command
If you have misplaced your Roku remote, you can find it easily without even moving an inch. And this can only be done with the voice-supported Roku remote. And you can perform the same by saying the keyword loud, “Hey Roku, Where is my Remote Control?”. Now, you can hear a loud beeping sound. Follow the beeping sound, and you will find your lost Roku remote. And the only requirement is that your Roku device and Roku device should be within the Wi-Fi range.
NOTE: Currently, the hands-free mode is enabled only in Roku remote pro.
Using the Roku App
You can use the Roku app on both Android as well as iOS devices. First, make sure that you have installed the Roku app on your device and paired it with your Roku device.
2. Launch the Roku Mobile app after installation.
3. Click on the Devices tab from the bottom.
4. Then, connect your Android or iOS Smartphone and Roku TV to the same Wi-Fi network. Now, your Roku device will display on the available devices section.
5. Click on your Roku device to pair it with the Roku Mobile app.
6. Then, tap on the Remote tab.
7. Now, you can use the virtual remote as a temporary measure to control your Roku TV.
Using Remote Finder Button
This method can be used on Roku Box like Roku Ultra. If you have one such device, go look for a Remote Finder Button. You can find it on the top of the device or behind it along with the ports. Once you press the button, an audible alert can be heard on the remote. Provided the remote is within the range so that the alert can play on the remote.
Frequently Asked Questions
With the Remote Finder feature, you can find your lost Roku remote.
The is no option to find your lost Roku remote without the remote finder feature. Otherwise, you need to find your Roku remote incidentally.