Roku Remote is one of the most convenient remotes available on any streaming device. It makes using the Roku device twice easier. It has all the basic functions of a remote along with additional features. For example, the remote has dedicated buttons for apps like Netflix. It doesn’t happen regularly, but people come across issues with the Roku remote. One of such issues on a Roku remote is the volume not working. When you try to adjust the volume of the device, you find it hard. If, by any chance, you are facing the same issue, the following section will help you out. Let’s get started with the same gesture.
Roku Remote Volume Not Working: Troubleshooting Tips
If you find issues similar to Roku remote volume not working, try the following tips.
Check the Batteries
Just like you do on any other remote, you need to check the batteries of your remote if it doesn’t work properly. Batteries that have run out can make the volume buttons on your remote might not work at all. Try using different batteries on your remote. If the volume buttons work fine with these new batteries, you have fixed the issue.
Stuck Volume Button
There might be two reasons for a stuck volume button, very old remote or rough use of the remote. First, try cleaning the remotes with the help of wet wipes and a mild cleaner. This will remove any grease or other things that will make your remote stuck.
Check if Your Remote is Paired
If your Roku remote has been unpaired, the remote might not work at all. Therefore, you need to check if the remote is paired. Also, try pairing the remote after un-pairing it. This will help the Roku remote get back to its normal self.
Overheating of remote
Sometimes, your remote might be overheating, causing it not to work. If your device is hot to touch, you need to keep it aside to cool down. For example, it is better to keep it over marble or tile to cool down. Also, try not to remove the batteries of an overheated remote.
If your Roku stick has undergone a firmware update, it might have made changes to the remote settings.
- Turn on your Roku device and launch the Settings from the home screen.
- Choose the Remotes & Devices option followed by the Remotes option.
- Next, select the Gaming Remote option and then the Set Up Remote for TV Control option.
- Within a few minutes, the setup completes and you need to check the volume.
Sound Issues on Roku
If none of the above methods work, it might be because of the sound issues on Roku. Try following the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips.
- Unplug your Roku device’s power plug from the power and reconnect it after ten seconds.
- Remove the Roku device from the HDMI Port and connect it to a new HDMI port.
- If your Roku device has an external A/V system for sound, you need to check if it is properly connected.
- Next, check to change the cables in your audio setup and check if it fixes the issues with volume.
- To adjust the Roku sound settings, go to Settings > Audio and adjust the settings.
- If you have a surround sound, turn it off. This will help you find if the surround sound is causing the issues.
Related: How To Turn On Roku TV Without Remote?
Now you know how to fix issues with a Roku remote volume when it is not working. If none of these works, you can make use of the Roku app to control your Roku device. Also, try getting a new remote. I hope the above section helped you in fixing issues with your Roku remote. If you have any queries, comment it down. Also, visit our blog for more updates regarding your Roku device.