Roku is known as one of the powerful streaming devices. With it, you can watch your favorites by adding channels from the Roku channel store. Also, as per the current trend, you can screen mirror your favorites from the Android Smartphone. However, for iOS smartphones, it is a little tricky because you have to install third-party apps to screen mirror it to your Roku. But with the latest update to Roku, the issue is resolved. Also, in the following section, you can learn how to AirPlay to Roku.
AirPlay Supported Roku Device
|Roku Streaming Stick +||3810, 3811|
|Roku Express 4K||3940|
|Roku Express 4K +||3941|
|Roku Premiere||3920, 4620|
|Roku Premiere+||3921, 4630|
|Roku Ultra||4600, 4640, 4660, 4661, 4670, 4800|
|Roku Ultra LT||4662|
How to AirPlay to Roku?
With the latest and new Roku device models, you can directly screen mirror or AirPlay iPhone or iOS Smartphone to Roku without using any third-party apps. To do that, you can refer to the section below:
1. Open the Settings on Roku.
2. Next, choose the Apple AirPlay & HomeKit option.
3. After that, select the Apple AirPlay & HomeKit Settings.
4. Now, choose the AirPlay option and turn it on.
5. Connect your iPhone and Roku to the same wifi network.
6. Now, go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
7. After that, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
8. Now, AirPlay Passcode will display on-screen on Roku. Note the passcode down.
9. Enter the Passcode on the required field of your iOS Smartphone and tap on the OK button.
Finally, your iOS smartphone’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror iOS Smartphone to Roku
If you are using AirPlay unsupported Roku device, you need to install third-party apps to mirror your IOS smartphone’s screen to Roku. Before that, you need to enable the screen mirroring on Roku.
- Update Roku from Settings > System > System update.
- Navigate back to System > Screen Mirroring > turn on.
#1. Connect Roku and your iOS smartphone to the same WiFi network.
#2. Secondly, open the Apple App/ Mac store on your Apple (iPhone/iPad/Mac) device.
#3. Search and download Mirror for the Roku app.
#4. Now, turn on the Roku player and open the Roku Channel Store.
#5. Search and download Mirror for Roku app for your device. Click on the +Add Channel option.
#6. Open Mirror for Roku app after the download on an Apple device.
#7. Wait for it to scan for the Roku player and establish a connection. Choose the Roku TV name.
#8. Click on the Start Mirroring option on iOS or Mac PC.
#9. Now, click on Mirror for Roku and then tap on the Start Broadcast option.
Note: When you stream a video or audio on iOS or Mac PC, then the same will be shown on the Roku player.
You can turn on the AirPlay on Roku from Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Now, navigate to the AirPlay option and turn it on.
You may not have connected your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same wifi network. That’s why you can’t AirPlay to Roku.