We tend to forget PINs more frequently. Roku PIN will help the user to manage payments and channel additions on Roku-connected TV and device. Roku will ask for the PIN when you are purchasing something on your device or subscribe to premium content from a channel that supports it via Roku Pay. You can easily add the PIN. But what if you want to change or update the PIN. The only way available is to reset the PIN on Roku. This workaround will help you to reset your PIN on Roku.
How to Reset PIN on Roku?
Settings PIN will prevent your device from unauthorized usages as the user need to enter the PIN to complete the purchase and transaction. If you are not sure how to reset the pin on Roku, then go through the below article.
- Creating a PIN will affect the ability to purchase or add channels from Roku Channel Store but it wouldn’t filter any channel or block any contents.
- It will not provide refunds for purchases made from Roku Channel Store.
1. From your smartphone or computer web browser, go to my.roku.com/index.
2. Sign in to your Roku account for which you would like to reset the PIN.
3. Go to the PIN Preferences tab and click on the Update button.
4. Now choose your PIN preferences from the following three options,
- Always require a PIN to make purchases and to add items from the Channel Store.
- Always require a PIN to make purchases.
- A PIN is not required to make any purchase or to add items from the Channel Store.
5. If you choose either of the first two options you will be asked to create a PIN.
6. Enter a four-digit PIN and verify the PIN for confirmation.
7. If you have a PIN already, enter the PIN on the verify PIN field.
8. Choose the Save Changes option.
This will change your Pin to a new one. You can now start using the new pin whenever required. If you are not willing to use Pin on Roku, then you can choose the third option which will not ask you for any Pins while performing any transactions. You can always update the pin by visiting the official Roku website.
If you are facing any issues while updating the pin, then comment below.