Roku is an excellent streaming device that comes with an audio description feature. The Roku will narrate your activities and selections when you have turned on this feature. It is an accessibility feature for users who would require audio assistance while navigating the Roku. It will read each option you select while you are using the device. But sometimes, users might not require this feature. If the audio description is turned on and if you do not require it, then you can turn off the audio description on Roku anytime.
How to Turn off Audio Description on Roku?
It is very simple to turn off the feature on your Roku device. Roku has a user-friendly interface that lets you access all the features very easily. You can turn the Audio description off or on anytime you want. The below steps will help you with that.
Method 1: Turn off Audio Description on Roku Using Settings
Turn on your Roku device that is connected to your TV.
2. From the home screen, select the Settings option and navigate to the settings screen.
3. Choose the Accessibility option on the Settings screen.
4. Now, choose Audio Guide under the Accessibility settings.
5. Select Off to turn off the audio guide.
Method 2: Using Remote
Press the Asterisk/Star key on your Roku remote and turn off the audio description instantly. This method is simpler than the previous one. You can opt for this method if your remote has the button mentioned above.
Tip: If your Roku remote is not working, you can use the Roku Mobile app.
After turning it off, you will not be able to hear the audio descriptions. You can turn it on the back whenever it is necessary. To turn it back on, go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio Guide > On. The accessibility feature is one of the best features that lets everyone use the device. Turning it on and off solely depends on the user.
Why is My Roku Narrating Movies?
If you found that your Roku is still narrating movies, this is because of some streaming services you have installed like Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, and others. This option is called Descriptive Audio which narrates some of the scenes in the movie or TV show you are watching.
How to Turn Off Descriptive Audio
Turning off the descriptive audio is different in each streaming device. So, in the following section, you will find a guide on how to turn off the Descriptive Audio option in each streaming device.
- Select the Settings icon from the home screen of your Apple TV.
- Next, choose Accessibility, Audio, Descriptions, and turn it off.
- Open the HBO Max app and press the Asterisk button on your remote.
- Next, choose the Accessibility & Captions option.
- Navigate to the Audio Track option and turn it off.
- Press the Up button on your Roku remote.
- Select Settings and choose the Audio option.
- Click on the option Language without Audio description.
- Launch the Netflix app and press the Up button on your remote.
- Now, from the Language section, set the option Language without Audio description.
- While you are in the Prime Video app, press the Up button on your remote.
- Choose the Audio & Languages option and select the Available language without audio description.
If you can’t turn off the audio description on Amazon Prime Video, go to the Amazon Prime Video channel na press the Up button on your remote. Then, from the Audio & Languages section, turn off the Audio description.
While you’re on the home screen, press the Asterisk button on your Roku remote four times. Then, the audio guide will be turned off on Roku.