WhatsApp is a messaging platform from Facebook that is available in 180 countries. This platform allows you to chat with your mobile contacts for free. You can even video call your contact in HD quality for free. The audio call is also supported. Even you can audio or video call with 8 of your friends simultaneously. But unfortunately, the app is not officially available in Roku Channel Store. If you are looking for an easy way to access Whatsapp on Roku, Screen Mirroring is the Right Choice.
How to Get WhatsApp on Roku via Screen Mirroring
You can screen mirror WhatsApp on Roku using three devices. They are:
- Using Android Devices
- From iOS Devices
- Using PC
Screen Mirror WhatsApp to Roku from Android Device
Connect your Android device to the same wifi network as Roku.
1. Initially, turn on Screen mirroring on Roku.
2. Next, get WhatsApp on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
3. Launch WhatsApp after installation and sign in to your account.
4. Move on to the Notification Panel of your Android device and click the Cast icon.
5. Now, your Android device will scan for nearby devices. From there, tap on your Roku device.
6. After that, return to WhatsApp and mirror its content to Roku.
Screen Mirror WhatsApp to Roku from iOS Devices
To mirror your iOS devices like iPhone or iPad, you need to enable AirPlay on Roku.
1. Make sure to connect your Roku and iOS device to the same wifi network.
2. Next, install WhatsApp from the App Store.
3. Pull down the Control Center and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Once you see your Roku device on the available device list, select it.
5. Your iOS device’s screen will appear on your Roku display after a successful connection.
6. Launch WhatsApp on your iOS device.
7. Sign in with your details.
8. Now, the content from WhatsApp will mirror to Roku.
Screen Mirror WhatsApp on Roku from Windows PC
First, connect your Roku and Windows PC to the same wifi network.
1. Open a web browser on your PC and visit web.whatsapp.com.
2. Now open the WhatsApp app on your Android or iOS device.
3. Tap the Kebab menu icon from the upper right corner and select the WhatsApp Web option.
4. Now point your smartphone to the QR code shown on your windows screen.
5. Once the QR scanning is done, you can access your WhatsApp directly from your Windows computer.
6. On your keyboard, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously to open the Connect window.
7. A list of available devices will appear on the Connect window. From there, click on your Roku device.
8. Now, you will be able to see your PC display screen on your Roku.
9. Go back to the WhatsApp web and mirror it to Roku.
Yes, WhatsApp encrypts text messages, voice calls, and video calls.
No, using WhatsApp is totally free of cost.