ABC is the best free live TV streaming app compatible with Roku TV. With the catalog of the ABC app, the users can stream full episodes, hit shows, live TV, and more. It almost requires no signup procedure, and you may stream any shows like Felicity, Ugly Betty, Army Wives, and dozens more. Besides this, the ABC app lets you watch the latest episodes of hit shows like Black-ish, Station 19, Grey’s Anatomy, etc. With an ABC account, you will get a personalized streaming experience. For instance, it supports saving your favorite, streaming videos from where you have left off, syncs your preference across devices, etc. Above all, the ABC app is a multi-platform supported entertainment app. Besides accessing it on Roku, you may install it on lots of other devices, including Android, iOS, Firestick, PC, etc.
Features of ABC
The salient features of the ABC app include,
- Stream ABC live TV from hundreds of providers.
- Get access to the latest shows, up-to-date news, Sports, never miss events, etc.
- Supports binge-watching throwback shows, classics, etc.
- Discover new shows and also watch highlights.
How to Download and Watch ABC on Roku
ABC app is officially available for the Roku platform. Just follow the steps given below to download and Watch ABC on Roku TV.
Steps to Download ABC on Roku
Note: If you have Roku TV, then skip to #2.
#1. Initially, connect the Roku player to the HDMI port of the smart TV.
#2. Power on Roku TV and tap on the Streaming Channels option on the home screen.
#3. Hover to tap on the Search Channels option from the left sidebar.
#4. Type as ABC using the on-screen keyboard and choose ABC from the suggestions.
#5. When redirected to the app info page, click on Add Channel button.
#6. Wait for ABC TV to finish its downloading procedure. Launch it and start streaming your favorite content.
Alternative Method to Download ABC on Roku
#1. Go to the Roku Channel Store Official website on your PC.
#2. Click on Sign In on the top right corner of the screen and enter your Roku account details.
#3. Once logged in, click on Search channels and enter ABC.
#4. Choose ABC from the suggestion list and select Add Channel.
#5. The ABC app will be added to your device.
Note: It will take at least 24 hours for ABC to be available on Roku. Because once every 24 hours, Roku automatically checks whether you have added new channels using the website.
Steps to Activate ABC on Roku
#1. On the home screen of the ABC channel, click on the Account option from the top of the menu bar.
#2. Visit the ABC activation website on a mobile or PC browser.
#3. Enter the activation code shown and click Continue.
#4. Sign in to your pay-TV provider account to activate the ABC app.
#6. With this, the ABC app on your Roku will be activated.
Steps to Watch ABC on Roku
#1. Launch ABC channel.
#2. Click on the Live tab on the top of the home screen to watch ABC live.
Alternatively, tap on other options to watch ABC on Roku. For instance, select Popular, Drama, Comedy, News, Sports, Reality, etc.
#3. Choose the episode or shows to stream live or watch it on Roku TV.
Upon following the procedure discussed above, you can easily install ABC on Roku devices. It includes all the basic models like Roku HD, Roku LT, etc., and the latest models like Roku Express, Roku Premiere, Roku Ultra, Roku Streaming Sticks, and Roku TV. The shows and episodes available on the ABC app are available only in the US, and their availability is subject to change.
How to Screen Mirror ABC to Roku
Your Roku device supports mirroring. That means it is possible to mirror the ABC app to your Roku device-connected TV from an Android or iOS Smartphone. To do that, you need to enable the screen mirroring on Roku.
Screen Mirror ABC from Android Smartphone
1. Open the ABC app on your Android Smartphone. If you haven’t installed the ABC app, you can get the app from the Google Play Store.
2. After that, connect your Android Smartphone and Roku device connected TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Next, launch the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
4. From the list of available devices, select your Roku device.
5. Open the ABC app and sign in with your cable TV provider account.
6. Finally, you can choose any of your favorite content to mirror them to your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror ABC from iOS Smartphone
Make sure that you have updated your Roku device to the latest version and follow the steps below.
NOTE: To screen mirror iOS Smartphones, you need to enable the AirPlay feature on your Roku. To do that, go to Settings > Apple AirAPlay and HomeKit. From the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings, choose the AirPlay option, and turn it on.
1. On your iOS Smartphone, open the App Store.
2. Search and install the ABC app.
3. After installing the ABC app, launch it.
4. Then, input your credentials to log in to your account.
5. Launch the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
6. Now, a list of available devices will appear on the screen of your iOS Smartphone. From there, choose your Roku device.
Note: Make sure to connect your Roku device and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
7. After that, go back to the ABC app and mirror your favorites to the Roku device-connected TV.
Screen Mirror ABC from PC
1. Visit the official website of ABC on any web browser.
2. Next, click on the Login button from the upper right corner and choose the Link TV Provider option.
3. After that, sign in with your cable TV provider account.
4. Choose any show you want to watch and play it.
5. On the next step, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard. Next, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
6. Return to the ABC webpage and mirror your favorites to Roku device-connected TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. ABC app and its online version (abc.com) are available only if your device is physically located in the U.S. and its territories. It includes Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Saipan, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Yes. ABC app is entirely free-to-download and all its contents can be accessed at no cost. But you need a TV provider subscription to stream its content on Roku.
Yes. Roku Store supports ABC, NBC, and CBS channels officially and the Roku TV users can download it for unlimited entertainment.