Google Photos is a photo gallery app where you can organize all the photos and videos stored on your device. Moreover, it will be also easy to share your media files with your community. Even you can get a backup of your favorites with the 15 GB of cloud DVR storage. To get the feature, you need to sign in with your Google Account. Additionally, you can also edit your photos with the in-built editing tool offered by Google Photos. You can access the Google Photos app on the Roku device to view photos and videos on the big TV screen.
Can You Get Google Photos on Roku
No, there is no official Google Photos app on the Roku Channels store. So, the only way to get Google Photos on Roku is by screen mirroring the app from Android or iOS devices. To get started, you need to first enable the screen mirroring and AirPlay feature on Roku.
How to Cast Google Photos on Roku
There are three ways to Cast Google Photos to Roku. They are:
Access Google Photos from Android Devices
1. Open the Google Photos app on your Android devices. If you haven’t installed the Google Photos app, you can install the app from the Google Play Store.
2. Sign in with your Google Account.
3. Next, connect your Android device and Roku to the same wifi network.
4. After that, launch the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
5. Then, choose your Roku device to connect.
6. After a successful connection, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
7. Go back to the Google Photos app and mirror the media files to your TV.
From Windows PC
1. Connect your Windows PC and Roku device to the same wifi network.
2. Open the web browser on your PC and visit the official website of Google Photos.
3. Next, sign in to your account
4. Now, go to the Action Center and click on the Connect tile.
5. From the Connect window that appears on the screen, select your Roku Device.
6. Go back to the Google Photos web page and mirror your favorites to Roku.
Access Google Photos from iOS Devices
The iOS devices can be screen mirrored to the Roku device due to the availability of Apple AirPlay support. You have to enable the AirPlay setting to mirror the iPhone or iPad.
1. Install the Google Photos app on your iOS device from the App Store.
2. Then, establish the same wifi network connection between your iOS device and Roku.
3. Go to the Control Center on your iOS device and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Then, from the list of available devices, select your Roku device.
5. Make a note of the AirPlay passcode displayed on your TV screen and enter it on your iOS device if required.
6. After that, launch the Google Photos app and sign in with your Google Account.
7. Select a media file and view it on your TV.
Even though you will be disappointed with the unavailability of Google Photos on Roku, you can access the app with the screen mirroring your smartphone to the big screen. It would be nice to rewatch the tour videos and special occasion photos to recollect the old memories. Apart from this, you can also use third-party apps available on Roku Channel Store to view Google Photos.