Google Photos is a photo gallery app where you can organize all the photos and videos stored on your device. Google Photos supports working only on smartphones, and desktop browsers, and it is unavailable on Roku devices. The only possible way to view Google Photos on Roku TV is by screen mirroring.
Google Photos has enormous features compared to other Photography apps out there in the market. By screen mirroring Google Photos to the TV screen, you get a new experience of viewing media on the big TV screen.
In this article, we will guide you on the ways to watch Google Photos on Roku from your mobile and desktop without interruptions.
How to Access Google Photos from Android Devices
To screen mirror from your Android smartphone, turn on mirroring on your Roku device.
1. Open the Google Photos app on your Android devices. If you haven’t installed the Google Photos app, you can get it from the Google Play Store.
2. Sign in with your Google Account.
3. Connect your Android device and Roku to the same WiFi network.
4. Launch the Notification Panel and tap on Cast.
5. Choose your Roku device to connect.
6. After a successful connection, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
7. Go back to the Google Photos app and mirror the media files to your TV.
How to Screen Mirror Google Photos to Roku from Windows PC
Prior to mirroring, ensure the mirroring feature is enabled on Roku.
1. Connect your Windows PC and Roku device to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the web browser on your PC and visit the official website of Google Photos [https://photos.google.com/].
3. Next, sign in to your account
4. Go to the Action Center and click on the Connect tile.
5. From the Connect window that appears on the screen, select your Roku Device.
6. Go back to the Google Photos web page and mirror your favorites to Roku.
How to AirPlay Google Photos to Roku Using iPhone
The iPhone/iPad needs to be screen mirrored to the Roku device due to the availability of Apple AirPlay support. You have to enable the AirPlay setting on Roku to mirror the iPhone or iPad.
1. Install the Google Photos app on your iOS device from the App Store.
2. Establish the same WiFi network connection between your iOS device and Roku.
3. Go to the Control Center on your iOS device and tap on Screen Mirroring.
4. Then, from the list of available devices, select your Roku device.
5. Make a note of the AirPlay Passcode displayed on your TV screen and enter it on your iOS device if required.
6. After that, launch the Google Photos app and sign in with your Google Account.
7. Select a media file and view it on your TV.
How to Watch Google Photos on Roku from Mac
Similar to the iPhone, you need to screen mirror Google Photos from your Mac to the Roku device.
1. Connect the Roku and Mac to the same WiFi network.
2. Check whether the AirPlay is turned on Roku.
3. Open the browser on your Mac and sign in to Google Photos.
4. Click the Control Center and select Screen Mirroring.
5. Select your Roku device from the list.
6. When the device gets connected, you can see Google Photos displayed on the TV screen.
Yes, the Google Photos app is free to use. To use the premium features, such as unlimited storage, you need to purchase a premium subscription.
You can use Photoview to access Google Photos. By linking your Google account to Photoview, you can access the media files stored in Google Photos. Photoview is available on the Channel Store and can be installed directly on Roku.