Roku has been available for some time and is one of the smart media players that has transformed the way we watch TV. It has listed a large collection of streaming services through the inbuilt Channel Store. So, there is something for every other smart TV user with a Roku player. Kodi, a renowned home theatre software, is a media player available for a large number of smart TV platforms. It’s no wonder if your question can Kodi be installed on Roku.
Can you put Kodi on Roku?
No. Roku streaming sticks and players are more similar to Apple TV in terms of security features. Since Kodi is an open-source media player, it supports installing third-party plugins to stream movies, TV shows, and live TV. With these features, it seems to violate Roku terms and hence not made available on Roku Channel Store.
Is it possible to Jailbreak Roku and install Kodi?
No. There are no ways to jailbreak Roku as the operating system is highly secure. So, it cannot be broken, and Kodi can be installed.
Does Kodi work on Roku?
Yes. If you own an Android/Windows PC, Kodi will work without any problem. After lots of analysis, we have found that screen mirroring is the only option with which you can access the Kodi app effortlessly.
How to Get Kodi on Roku?
Even though you cannot download Kodi, there are ways possible in which you can access Kodi on your TV. Roku supports screen mirroring in the name of Miracast. So, you can cast Kodi and stream anything on the TV. If you own a strong WiFi or internet connection, then you can cast Kodi.
- Kodi app running on Android or iOS smartphones or Windows PC.
- Roku TV or streaming stick/player that supports screen mirroring.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
#1. Press the home button on Roku remote at first.
#2. Go to Roku Settings after that.
#3. Click on the System option and select Screen mirroring.
#4. Then choose Screen mirroring mode.
#5. On the next screen, select the screen mirroring mode. For instance, choose Prompt.
Screen Mirror Kodi on Roku using Android Smartphone
Connect your Android Smartphone and Roku to the same wifi network and follow the steps below:
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone and install the Kodi app.
2. Next, pull down the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
3. Now, your Android Smartphone will scan for nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device.
4. After that, you can see your Android Smartphone’s screen on your Roku TV.
5. Now, launch the Kodi app and mirror it to your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Kodi to Roku from iOS Smartphone
First of all, set up the AirPlay on Roku. After that, initiate the same wifi network connection between Roku and iOS smartphones. Then, follow the procedure below:
1. Launch the Kodi app on your iOS Smartphone. If you haven’t installed the app, get Kodi from the App Store.
2. Go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon. Now, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
3. Now, your iOS Smartphone’s screen will be mirrored to your Roku device.
4. Once this is done, go back to the Kodi app and mirror it to your Roku.
Stream Kodi on Roku using Windows PC
1. Make sure that you have connected your windows and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Then, download and install the Kodi app on your PC from its official website.
3. Next, click on the Action Center icon from the lower right corner.
4. Select the Connect tab and choose your Roku device from the list.
5. Once your Roku device is connected, your PC’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
6. After that, launch the Kodi app, and it will display on your Roku device-connected TV.
You can follow the procedure given below when you have updated your Windows 10 PC recently.
#1. Click on the Windows button/Start Menu.
#2. Select Settings.
#3. Click on the Devices option.
On the Bluetooth & Other devices screen, select Add Bluetooth or other device tab.
#4. Available devices will be scanned. Just choose your Roku device.
#5. Launch Kodi on PC, and it will be a screencast to the TV.
Alternative: Launch Start Menu > Settings > Display > Connect to wireless display > select Roku device.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can screen mirror the Kodi app to stream it on Roku.
No, it is impossible to jailbreak a Roku device.