Lifetime, the popular entertainment channel in the US is officially available on Roku and you can download it from the Roku Channel Store. You can even access the Lifetime channel on Roku without cable using streaming services.
With Lifetime, you can watch your favorite TV shows of entire seasons, movies, such as The Bad Seed, Flowers in the Attic, etc., live TV, and more exclusively all time. The channel ensures users can stream the content in high quality seamlessly.
In this article, you get to know about the installation and activation steps to access Lifetime on your device. In addition to this, we have included the streaming services that can be installed on your Roku to watch the Lifetime content.
What’s on Lifetime
- Includes latest movies and TV shows
- Has a large library of content which includes, scripted and non-fiction series
- Ensure stable streaming irrespective of quality
How to Watch Lifetime on Roku
The Lifetime channel is free to install. However, you need a cable TV Provider subscription to sign in and access the content right away.
1. Connect your Roku Player to the HDMI port on your TV.
2. Turn on your TV and select the HDMI as a source to which you have connected your Roku device.
3. Check whether your Roku device is connected to the internet network.
4. From the Roku home screen, click on the Streaming Channels.
5. Under Streaming Channels, choose the Search option.
6. Type Lifetime on the Search bar with the help of the on-screen keyboard and remote.
7. Select the Lifetime app from the suggested list.
8. On the app installation screen, click on the Add Channel option.
9. The app will be downloaded and installed on your streaming device. Click OK on the pop-up.
10. Click on Go to Channel and launch the app.
11. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup.
12. Now, sign in with your cable TV service provider and start streaming your favorites on the TV
How to Activate Lifetime on Roku
After installing the app, launch it on your Roku device. To use the app, you have to log in with a cable TV subscription.
1. Launch the Lifetime app on your Roku.
2. You will find a code on the TV. Note it down.
3. Now visit the Lifetime Website [https://www.mylifetime.com/activate] on a PC or smartphone browser.
4. Choose your device as Roku.
5. Select the service provider through which you are going to log in.
6. Enter the activation code on your TV and click on the Continue button.
Your Lifetime app on Roku will refresh and start displaying the content.
How to Stream Lifetime Channel on Roku Without Cable
You can also stream the Lifetime Channel on Roku through the streaming services. The streaming service offers popular TV channels for a single subscription.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV comes with a massive content library that consists of different channels and comes with channel add-ons in every premium package. The service has popular add-ons like Showtime and Starz. You can’t be bored with regular content.
The service also offers the Lifetime channel in its library for users to watch some of the history and documentary content of the channel. Subscribe to Hulu + Live TV starting at $69.99/ month to watch Smithsonian and other popular TV channels.
Installation Guide: Get Hulu on Roku
DirecTV Stream is also the best choice to access the Lifetime channel. By subscribing to the DirecTV Stream’s Entertainment plan ($74.99/month), you can get the Lifetime channel. Fortunately, you can try the 5-day free trial to watch the content for free.
Apart from this, you get an additional 75+ channels with this plan. Other premium features included in this service are unlimited simultaneous streaming and cloud DVR storage. You can expand your entertainment package by adding premium add-ons.
Installation Guide: Get DirecTV Stream on Roku
Frndly is one of the streaming services that offer Lifetime in its channel lineup. The platform offers three subscription plans starting at $6.99/month (Basic) which is affordable for users looking for a cheap service.
The Lifetime channel is included in all subscription plans, and you get nearly 40+ channels in addition to Lifetime. To get elite features, such as unlimited DVR, and simultaneous streaming, you should prefer Classic ($8.99/mon) and Premium ($10.99/mon) plans.
Installation Guide: Get Frndly TV on Roku
Philo offers nearly 70+ premium live TV channels and has a single subscription plan starting at $25/month. You can find the channels in various categories, such as Lifestyle, Sitcom, Drama, Kids, News, and more.
If you are a newbie, you can try the 7-day free trial on Philo to explore the service. You can cancel the service anytime, to avoid additional charges or unsatisfied with the service.
Installation Guide: Get Philo on Roku
Sling TV also offers the Lifetime channel in its Sling Orange ($40/mon) and Sling Blue ($40/mon) plans. Unlike other streaming services, Sling TV doesn’t offer a free trial to users. Hence, you need to purchase a subscription to watch Lifetime on Sling TV.
With Sling TV, you can even access local channels, such as FOX, ABC, NBC, and more based on your region. The service offers premium add-ons, such as Showtime, MGM+, AMC+, and more.
Installation Guide: Get Sling TV on Roku
Vidgo is one of the premium streaming services, that offer the Lifetime channel on all its three subscription plans except Spanish. The subscription plans on Vidgo start at $69.99/month.
In addition to Lifetime, you get 150+ channels, which include, sports, news, and entertainment. Similar to Sling TV, Vidgo doesn’t offer a free trial for any of its subscription plans.
Installation Guide: Get Vidgo on Roku
Yes. The Lifetime Movie Club has a native channel for Roku and can be installed directly from the Channel Store.