MovieBox is a third-party streaming application that is unavailable officially on the Roku Channel Store. Hence, if you like to have MovieBox on your Roku device, you need to screen mirror the application from your smartphone and desktop.
If you are looking for a free streaming service, MovieBox will be a fine choice. It has a vast library of content which has over 60,000 on-demand movies and TV shows accessible in HD quality. You can download the content and watch it offline later.
This article has listed the Movie Box’s unique features and guides you to screen mirror the app to your Roku device in simple steps. We have also presented alternatives to MovieBox, that can be tried when you are unsatisfied with the app.
What’s on MovieBox
The following are the features of MovieBox:
1. 4K Support: You can choose any of your favorite content and watch it in 4K resolution.
2. On-Demand Playback: You can watch the on-demand content whenever and wherever you want based on your choice.
3. User-Friendly Interface: With the intuitive User Interface, you can browse for your favorites and watch them anytime you want.
4. Add to your favorites: You can mark your favorites to access the content easily every time you launch the MovieBox app.
5. Frequent Library Updates: The app updates its content library frequently which ensures new movies and TV shows every day.
6. No Restrictions: This app lets you access the app from anywhere without geo-restrictions.
How to Stream MovieBox on Roku
As previously mentioned, the MovieBox Pro app is unavailable on the Roku Channel Store. Therefore, you need to enable in-built screen mirroring on Roku feature to mirror the MovieBox app from your Android devices like smartphones and tablets.
Screen Mirror MovieBox to Roku from Android Devices
Connect your Android device and Roku to the same WiFi network and follow the steps below to mirror the Movie Box app.
1. Go to a browser on your Android device and search for MovieBox APK.
2. Choose a reliable source and download the APK file of MovieBox.
3. Next, open Settings on your Android device and turn on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Open the MovieBox APK File and hit the Install button from the pop-up window.
5. Within a couple of minutes, the MovieBox app will be installed.
6. Once the installation is complete, tap on the Done button.
7. After that, go to the Notification Panel of your Android device.
8. Locate and tap on the Cast icon. Then, choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
9. Now, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
10. Launch the MovieBox app and mirror your favorite movies or TV shows to Roku.
Screen Mirror MovieBox to Roku from PC
Using the BlueStacks Android Emulator on your PC lets you install the MovieBox app. Afterward, you can mirror the content from the MovieBox app to Roku from a PC.
1. Ensure that you have connected your Roku and PC to the same WiFi network.
2. Next, open a web browser and go to the official website of BlueStacks. Then, download the BlueStacks installer file.
3. After downloading the BlueStacks installer file, open it. Follow the on-screen prompts and install BlueStacks on your PC.
4. Again, on a web browser, search for the MovieBox Pro APK File and download it from a reliable source.
5. Now, launch BlueStacks and sign in to your Google Account.
6. Click the Install APK icon from the menu bar to your right.
7. Select the MovieBox APK File and open it.
8. The MovieBox app will be installed on your PC via BlueStacks within minutes.
9. Now, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously to bring the Connect window.
10. From the Connect window, select your Roku device.
11. Once connected, your PC’s screen will be mirrored to Roku.
12. Go back to the BlueStacks app and launch the MovieBox app.
13. Play any of your favorite movies or TV shows and mirror them to Roku.
Alternative to MovieBox
If you are unsatisfied with the content library or don’t like the UI, you can check out the curated alternatives to MovieBox on Roku, below.
Showbox on Roku is one of the popular entertainment applications, that offers nearly thousands of movies and TV shows for free. Similar to MovieBox, you can stream all the content in HD quality without compromise. The notable feature of Showbox is that you can watch content with subtitles. In addition, you aren’t interrupted by ads in the middle of streaming.
Live Net TV
Live Net TV on Roku is another best alternative to Movie Box. This free streaming app offers both on-demand content and live TV channels. You can nearly find 800+ live TV channels in the app. Interestingly, you can stream the app’s content using an external player. The app comes with a built-in Chromecast feature, which helps cast the device from your smartphone to a PC or Smart TV.
If you are looking for unlimited movie collections, 123Movies on Roku will be a suitable one. The app has a wide range of content in various categories, such as horror, drama, sci-fi, comedy, and more. You can find multiple streaming options based on your internet speed, that let you watch movies uninterrupted. Fortunately, 123Movies is a free application and doesn’t require a subscription.
Most of the content on MovieBox doesn’t have the necessary copyrights. So, it is advised to connect to a VPN before streaming on MovieBox Pro.
Yes, MovieBox is a free platform that offers popular movies and TV shows without any subscription.
To watch free movies on Roku TV, you can install the official free streaming applications, such as Tubi TV, Pluto TV, Crackle, etc. You can screen mirror the third-party apps to watch the movies on Roku.