Netflix is a popular subscription-based video streaming platform that offers you a wide variety of on-demand content and Original movies and TV shows. Moreover, the Netflix app supports various streaming devices that includes Roku. In recent times, many Roku users have experienced Netflix not working issues on Roku. In that scenario, you can’t stream your favorites on the Netflix app. However, there are a lot of ways to fix the issues with the Netflix app.
Roku Device Models that Have Issues with the Netflix App
The following are the Roku device models that have the same issues, like the volume not working and the black screen with the Netflix app.
- Sharp Roku TV
- Hisense Roku TV
Why Won’t My Netflix Work on My Roku TV
There can be a lot of reasons why the Netflix app is not working. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- Unstable internet Speed
- Expiration of your Netflix subscription
- Bugs on the Netflix app
- Server Issues with Netflix
- Bugs on your Roku
How to Fix Netflix Not Working on Roku
Some of the common issues with the Netflix app on Roku are:
- Signing In issues with Netflix
- Black Screen
- Netflix freezes and gets stuck on the loading screen
- Sound is playing, but the video isn’t
Issue 1: Fix Signing In issues with the Netflix App
The only reason why you can’t sign in with the Netflix app is that you may have entered the wrong subscription credentials. In that scenario, it is impossible to get access to the Netflix app. In most cases, you may have forgotten your password. If that’s the case, reset your Netflix password and get access to your favorite movies and TV shows.
Issue 2: Fixing Black Screen Issues on the Netflix App
There are two types of black screen issue with the Netflix app: They are:
- Black Screen with Sound
- Black Screen Without Sound
Fix Black Screen With Sound on Netflix
The following troubleshooting methods will help you resolve the black screen issues with the Netflix app.
1. Restart Roku
You need to restart your Roku device to fix the black screen with no sound on the Netflix app.
1. Go to the home screen of Roku and select the Settings.
2. Scroll down and choose the System option.
3. Find and select the System Restart option.
4. Next, hit the Restart option and your Roku’s display will turn off. After a couple of seconds, your Roku will turn on.
After that, launch the Netflix app and check if there is any issues on the app.
2. Uninstall and Reinstall the Netflix App
If the black screen with issue is not yet fixed, uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app.
1. Go to the Roku home screen and press the Right button on your remote to open the channel’s grid.
2. Navigate and select the Netflix tile. Then, press the Asterisk button on your remote.
3. Now, choose the Remove Channel option.
Confirm the selection if required and remove the Netflix channel on Roku. After that, move to the Roku home screen and select Streaming Channels > Search Channels > Search and select Netflix > Hit the Add Channel button. After installing the Netflix app, launch it and sign in to your account. Now, check if there is any streaming issues on the Netflix app.
Fixing Black Screen Issue with Sound:
You need to power cycle Roku to fix this kind of issue.
1. Turn off your Roku and unplug the device from the source.
2. For the next step, wait for 5-10 minutes.
3. Connect your Roku device to the source and turn it on.
Now, launch the Netflix app and check if the issue still persists.
Issue 3: Fix Netflix Freezing Issues on Roku
When this type of issue arises the first thing you have to do is restart your Roku. If that doesn’t fix the issue, the issue must be your internet connectivity.
Boost your Internet Speed
The internet connectivity issues can be a reason why the Netflix app is not working. since Netflix requires a stable internet speed of 5-10Mbps. So, if your internet speed is not up to this mark, you may experience the freezing issues with the Netflix app. So, in this scenario, do the following:
- Place your Router near your Roku device
- Restart or reset your router
- Avoid placing your router in a closed space
Contact your Internet Service Provider
In case you couldn’t fix the issues with your internet, contact your Internet Service Provider. They will guide you in troubleshooting the technical issue.
Issue 4: Fix Sound is Playing on Netflix But the Video isn’t
There can be some bugs on the Netflix app or with your Roku. In this scenario, you have to restart the Netflix app. This will ensure you with fixing the issues on the Netflix app. After you restart your Netflix app, try streaming your favorites.
Are the Issues With the Netflix App is Still Not Fixed? Try This!
Updating your Roku device will solve most of the issues on your device. Also, doing this will update all the apps installed on Roku as well:
1. From the Roku home screen, select Settings.
2. Next, choose the System option.
3. Scroll down and select System Update > Check Now.
When an update is found, it will get automatically installed on Roku.
If none of the troubleshooting measures have help you in fixing the issues on the Netflix app, you have to contact the Netflix Customer Support or Roku Customer support to start streaming your favorites again.