Netflix is a popular streaming app in today’s market. However, it may ask you to pay a small fee monthly to stream videos of more than 10,000 Videos, movies, television shows, originals, etc., over the platform. Netflix may have several reasons for not working properly on the Roku device. When we can’t analyze the exact problem in the connectivity, we may try several steps to fix it. In this article, we will help you to fix Netflix not working on Roku. Follow the methods as headed below.
Different Ways to Fix Netflix Not Working on Roku
Below are 9 different ways to fix the Netflix not working issue on your Roku TV and Streaming device.
- Update your Roku device and Netflix app
- Check internet connection
- Restart the Roku device
- Uninstall and Reinstall Netflix app
- Restart Modem or Router
- Clear the cache
- Power cycle your Roku
- Re-login into your account
- Ensure using a supported device
- Check parental control
- Report a problem to Netflix
Method 1: Update your Roku device and Netflix app
Updating the Roku device will automatically update all the channels in it. Follow the steps as directed below to update the Roku device and Netflix channel.
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Navigate to Settings > System > System Updates.
3. Select Check Now option and follow the instructions to install any available updates.
Method 2: Check internet connection
The most common and the main reason for the error is the Internet connection. This may sound simple, but it may disconnect automatically. Follow the steps to check the connection.
1. From the Home screen of the Roku device, head to the Setting menu.
2. In the Settings, click on the Network option to check the Roku’s connection.
3. If it is connected, click the Check Connection button to check the strength.
Method 3: Restart the Roku device
Restarting your Roku device will help you to clear the errors on Netflix.
1. Open the Home screen of the Roku device and head to Settings.
2. Select Systems from the settings and then click on the System restart button.
Now all your errors will be cleared.
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall Netflix app
Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Netflix app will help you to fix many bugs. Follow the step to uninstall and reinstall.
1. Press the Home button on the Roku remote.
2. Highlight the Netflix app icon in the channel grid.
3. Hit the star(*) button on the Roku remote.
4. Select Remove channel to remove the app.
1. From the Home screen, head to Roku Channel Store.
2. Search the Netflix app in the search button and Install it.
Now check the Netflix is working on Roku.
Method 5: Restart Modem or Router
1. Unplug your Modem and Router completely for 2 minutes.
2. Turn on your Modem and Router and wait for another 2 minutes.
3. When the internet connection becomes active, Boot Roku.
This will help you to connect to Netflix app without buffering.
You can launch the Netflix app successfully.
Method 6: Clear the cache
Clearing the corrupted cache and data may help the Netflix app to work on the Roku device. To clear them, follow the steps as directed below.
1. Navigate your Home screen.
2. Select the Netflix channel.
3. Then, you need to press the Asterisk Button on your Roku remote.
4. Click on Remove Channel.
5. Now, Restart your Roku device to Clear the Cache.
Method 7: Power cycle
Try using the power cycle of your Roku device to fix Netflix on Roku. Power cycling will remove temporary glitches from the device. Follow the steps.
1. Unplug your Roku from the power socket.
2. Wait for 2 minutes.
3. After 2 minutes, Plug in the device and turn it ON.
4. Now, check whether you can play Netflix on Roku.
Method 8: Re-login into your accout
1. Get your Netflix app account on the webserver.
2. Click Profile icon > Manage device.
3. Identify your Roku device from the list and click Sign Out.
4. Restart your Roku device and Log in to your account.
Method 9: Turn off VPN
If you are running a VPN on your device or router, it may cause some network issues. so disabling your VPN and connect directly with the internet is one of the ways to overcome Netflix not working on Roku.
Method 10: Check parental control
Be clear that the Netflix account you are trying to use is not blocked from launching the Netflix content you want to watch. If it happens so, then check the Netflix parental control settings of your Netflix account as well.
Method 11: Report a problem to Netflix
In this situation, we advise you to get help from experts who can overcome the problems if none of the above-headed methods worked. You can reach Netflix’s help center or customer service to get help by explaining the issue you have experienced.
Netflix will help you stream your favorite video content like movies, TV shows, originals, series, etc., on Roku as its subscriptions provide videos with high standard HD quality. You can watch unlimited entertainment content on the Netflix app. Usually, there occur some bugs and errors during the streaming. However, they can be fixed in many ways. You can try any of the methods as headed above to fix Netflix on Roku devices. If any issues arise, you can share them with us in the comment section.