Nick Jr. is a popular American streaming service that streams programs exclusively for children. The channel is owned by ViacomCBS +. All of the shows in Nick Jr. are aimed at preschool kids who watch animation content a lot. It is the app version of the popular TV channel Nickelodeon. Nick Jr. includes original shows of Nick Jr., as well as shows telecasted on Nickelodeon. Luckily, Nick Jr. channel is available on Roku Channel Store. All you require is just a cable TV subscription to watch it on your Roku device.
How Much is Nick Jr. on Roku
Since Nick Jr. is a cable TV channel, its cost varies depending upon the cable TV provider you opt for. Nick Jr. is available on various cable TV services. Below is the list of those cable providers.
- Verizon and more
What’s on Nick Jr.
- Animated series like Face’s Music Party, Santiago of the Seas, Bubble Guppies, etc.
- Live-action series like Blue’s Clues, Blue’s Room, and The Tiny Chef Show.
- HexVet and Super Duper Bunny League are upcoming series scheduled to release in 2024.
How to Get Nick Jr. on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku device and connect it to the internet.
2. Select Streaming Channels on its home screen.
3. In that, click on Search Channels.
4. Type in Nick Jr. in the search tab provided.
5. It will suggest the app; click on the Add Channel option on it.
6. The channel will now get downloaded on your Roku device.
7. After installation, click on Go to Channel to launch the app.
Alternate Way to Add Nick Jr. to Roku
You can also add the Nick Jr. app to your Roku device via its Channel Store website. To do that,
1. On a web browser, open the Roku Channel Store website.
2. Click the Sign in option and enter your Roku account credentials to log in.
3. After signing in, type in Nick Jr. in the Search channels box and search for it.
4. Now, the Nick Jr. app will get suggested. Click on Details.
5. Tap on the + Add channel on the Nick Jr. app page.
6. Now, the Nick Jr. app will get added to your Roku device automatically within a period of 24 hrs.
7. To add it immediately, update your Roku OS/firmware to its latest version.
How to Activate & Watch Nick Jr. on Roku
To watch Nick Jr., you need to activate it on your Roku device. To do so,
1. Launch the Nick Jr. app on your Roku device.
2. Now, sign in with your cable TV provider account.
3. After this, an activation code along with a web link (http://www.nickjr.com/activate) gets displayed on your Roku-connected TV.
4. Open this web link on a browser.
5. Enter the activation code displayed on your TV in the required space on the website.
6. After entering the code, click on Continue.
7. Now, you’ll be asked to sign in to your account on the activation website. Sign in to it.
8. After that, your Nick Jr. app on your Roku device refreshes and takes you into your account.
9. Now, you can start watching your favorite shows on your Roku-connected TV
Alternate Ways to Watch Nick Jr on Roku
Besides watching Nick Jr. through its app, you can also watch it via streaming services on your Roku. Streaming services that have Nickelodeon channels in their packages are Sling TV, DirecTV Stream, FuboTV, Philo, etc. Some of the reliable streaming services are mentioned below.
Sling TV on Roku is a solid alternative to conventional cable networks. It offers live TV along with several on-demand content and add-ons. It also has a host of local TV channels. You can stream it on upto 3 devices concurrently and avail of 50 to 200 hours of cloud DVR storage.
Nickelodeon channel is available on its base plan, Sling Orange, which costs $40/month.
YouTube TV on Roku is one of the leading streaming services offering 100+ TV channels. In addition to this, it offers unlimited DVR space, several networks, add-ons, and Key Plays View on a subscription basis. Youtube TV allows simultaneous streams on 3 devices as well.
Nickelodeon is available as a channel on YouTube TV’s Base Plan. The Base Plan costs $72.99/month. New users are charged only $64.99/month for the first 3 months.
fuboTV on Roku is a paid streaming service offering 200+ channels, including several add-ons. For so long, fuboTV has been the go-to channel for sports lovers. Also, it offers 1000 hours of DVR storage. fubo TV has most of its content in 720p & 1080p quality.
Nickelodeon is available on fuboTV even in its base plan, Pro, which costs $74.99/month.
Yes. Nick Jr. is available as an app on the Roku Channel Store.