OneDrive is a cloud storage platform from Microsoft. It offers you 5 GB of storage space to store your important files such as videos, documents, images, and more. All the files you upload on OneDrive will be stored on a secured vault, whereas you need to verify your identity to access the files yourself. Also, you have the option to share the files. Moreover, you can access the files on OneDrive, even offline on your Roku.
OneDrive Subscription Plans
The following are the subscription plans offered by OneDrive:
Free Plan: You will get 5 GB of cloud storage space.
OneDrive Standalone: $19.99 per year – You can get 100 GB of cloud storage space.
Microsoft 365 Personal: $69.99 per year – Get 1TB of cloud storage space. Along with cloud storage, you can also access Skype, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Microsoft 365 Family: $99.99 per year – You will have 6TB of cloud Storage space and can share your account with 6 different users.
To subscribe to OneDrive, visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/onedrive/online-cloud-storage.
How to Install OneDrive on Roku
You can’t install the OneDrive on Roku as its official app is unavailable on the channel store. However, you can access the OneDrive files on Roku by screen mirroring the app from Android or iOS devices.
1. Turn on the Screen mirroring on Roku
3. Connect your Android or iOS device or PC and Roku to the same wifi network.
Screen Mirror OneDrive to Roku from Android Devices
1. Launch the OneDrive app on your Android device.
OneDrive for Android device: Google Play Store
2. Sign in to your OneDrive account.
3. Next, go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
4. From the scanned devices list, choose your Roku device.
5. Choose any files from OneDrive and mirror them to Roku.
Screen Mirror OneDrive to Roku from iOS Devices
1. Launch the OneDrive app. If you haven’t installed OneDrive, install the app from the App Store.
2. Next, enter your OneDrive account credentials to log in to your account.
3. Choose any files you want to access.
4. Bring down the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
5. Choose your Roku device from the available devices list.
6. Return to the OneDrive app and mirror your backup files to Roku.
Screen Mirror OneDrive to Roku from PC
1. Install the OneDrive app on your Windows PC from the Microsoft Store.
2. Next, sign in to your OneDrive account.
3. After that, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard to bring the Connect window.
4. Choose your Roku device from the scanned devices list.
5. Now, go back to the OneDrive webpage and mirror its content to Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
OneDrive will sync files about every 10 minutes.
Yes, OneDrive is free with the subscription to Office365.
Google Drive is one of the best alternatives to OneDrive.