Pluto Tv is an internet television service owned by Viacom CBS streaming. Pluto TV covered the market in a short time and gained significant shares, and expanded itself to over 100 channels. As Pluto TV is available for free, it covers more users and also the channel content. Pluto Tv is available on PC, Androids, iOS, Mac, Amazon Fire, Roku, Chromecast, Play station, etc. Pluto Tv has recently released its new update with new features and a new interface. Because of that update, a number of users of Roku devices have found issues in streaming the Pluto TV on the Roku device. In this article, we will explain you how to troubleshoot Pluto TV not working on Roku.
Pluto TV Not Working on Roku: 9 Fixes
In the following section, you will get nine possible fixes to resolve the issues with Pluto TV on Roku.
Fix Pluto TV on Roku
Pluto TV will not work if the firmware version is below 7. So if your Roku device’s firmware version is below 7, the device is not compatible with streaming Pluto TV. Let us see which Roku devices are compatible with streaming Pluto TV on it.
1. Compatible Roku devices
- Roku DVP (N1000)
- Roku SD (N 1050)
- The Roku (N1100)
- Roku HD-XR (N1101)
- Roku XD (2000C)
- the Roku XD (2050X)
- Roku XDS (2100X)
These are the Roku-compatible devices that stream Pluto TV on Roku devices.
Pluto TV freezes on the Roku Device
Ensure that you have the latest version of the channel. Visit the Manufacturer’s site and proceed with the updating process. Also, check the network to ensure connectivity and clear the cache as well. Follow the steps below.
2. Connectivity issue
Check whether there may be any connectivity issues. If so, then follow the steps as headed below.
1. Go to the Home screen of the Roku device.
2. Select the Settings option and click on Network.
3. Now, choose the Check connection option.
If your connection is good, then your Roku device will have access to the internet.
3. Check update:
Before checking the update on Pluto TV, make sure you have the new version 8.0.
1. Head to the Home screen and select Settings.
2. Choose Systems > System Update > Check now to check the system update.
4. Clear the cache
The following steps will help you with clearing the cache on your Roku TV.
1. Initially, press the Home button on your Roku TV five times.
2. Then, tap on the Up button once.
3. Next, press the Rewind button two times.
4. Finally, press the Fast Forward button on your Roku remote two times to clear the cache on your Roku TV.
Is Pluto TV Not Loading on Roku Device? Follow the Methods Below to Fix it
If the Pluto TV takes you back to the home page without even loading the screen, you should try restarting your Roku device or uninstalling and reinstalling your Pluto TV application.
5. Restart your Roku device
Restarting your Roku device will help you to clear all the technical errors. To restart your Roku device, follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Press the Home button on the Roku device.
2. Choose Settings > System > System restart.
Now, your Roku device will automatically shut down and restart itself and help you to clear the technical issues.
6. Uninstalling and Reinstalling
Many bugs are cleared, and you can fix your Roku device if you uninstall and reinstall your Roku device.
1. Highlight the Pluto app and press the Asterisk button.
2. Select Remove channel to remove the app.
3. Now, head to Roku Channel Store.
4. Search and install to watch Pluto TV on a Roku device.
Now check whether the bugs are fixed.
General Methods to Fix Pluto TV on Roku device
The following are some of the general methods to fix the issues on your Pluto TV.
7. Check the Server
The first thing you do when you clash with any problem on the Roku device is to check the server of both the application and Roku device. To check the servers you should use the third-party app. The down detector is the app that is used to check the server as it provides information about the status of the application and device also the issues encountered by them.
8. Re-login into your account.
1. Get your Pluto TV on the web browser.
2. Click the Profile icon > Manage device.
3. Find your Roku device from the list and Log Out.
4. After restarting the device, Re-login to your account.
This may help you to fix your problems with Pluto TV.
9. Report a Problem to Pluto TV.
If you have tried all the above-mentioned options and still face issues, contact Pluto TV and submit a bug report. Contacting the experts will make your way so easier. Email them about the problem you face and try to explain all the problems clearly so that they can take over the issue easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Pluto TV is available in the Channel Store.
Yes, Pluto TV works on Roku very well.
Some technical issues or incompatibility may have caused the Pluto TV to not work on Roku.