Are you looking for a channel with horror and thriller content? Then, Shudder is the right channel for you. Shudder is a popular on-demand service with many users who love its content. This is because of its collection of horror, thriller, and supernatural content. This American channel is owned by AMC Network. However, Shudder is not a Live streaming service. Instead, it is a VOD streaming service based on subscription. In that context, let’s discuss where to stream Shudder on Roku.
How Much Does Shudder Cost on Roku
There are only two subscription plans offered by Shudder. They are:
Monthly: $5.99 per month
Yearly: $56.99 per year
To subscribe to the Shudder platform, visit the Shudder Website [www.shudder.com/]. After the subscription, you will get a 7-day free trial. Even you have the option to cancel the Shudder subscription on Roku any time you want.
How to Add Shudder on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku device-connected TV and connect to a WiFi network.
2. On the home page, choose the Streaming Channels option.
3. Select the Search Channels option from the Streaming Channels menu.
4. Search for the Shudder app using the virtual keyboard.
5. Pick the Shudder channel from the search results.
6. On the app overview page, choose the Add Channel option to install Shudder on Roku.
7. Click on the OK button on the pop-up as the download completes.
8. After that, select the Go to Channel option to launch the Shudder channel.
How to Activate Shudder on Roku
After installing the app on Roku, you have to activate it to stream the content on the TV.
1. Open the Shudder app on your device.
2. You will get an Activation Code on the TV.
3. From a browser, go to the Shudder Activation Website [www.shudder.com/code/] on your PC or smartphone.
4. Enter your login credentials and the Activation Code on the required field. Next, click on the Activate button.
5. On successful activation, you can start streaming your favorite content on the TV.
Watch Shudder on Roku with YouTube TV
Shudder is a good pick for Roku users who are into suspense and horror movies. It has a lot of popular and classic horror movies. You can get Shudder on YouTube TV as well. YouTube TV brings you around 85 Live TV channels at $64.99. It is the only service provider that can give you a Shudder subscription. However, you need to buy the Shudder add-on to your subscription. The cost of the Add-on is $5.
Alternative Method to Watch Shudder to Roku
The alternative method to watch Shudder on Roku is screen mirroring from smartphones. You can stream Shudder from Android and iOS smartphones using Screen Mirroring and the AirPlay option.
Stream Shudder from Android Smartphone
You need to enable screen mirroring on Roku to mirror the Android Smartphone. The Shudder app is available in the Google Play Store for free download.
1. Connect your Android smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as Roku.
2. Next, move to the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
3. Search and install the Shudder app from the Play Store.
4. After that, launch the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
5. Your Android smartphone will scan for nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device once it shows up.
6. Next, open the Shudder app and sign in to your account.
7. Choose your favorite horror movies or TV series and watch them on your Roku device or TV.
Stream Shudder from iOS Smartphone
1. Make sure that you have turned on the AirPlay on Roku.
2. After that, connect your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Next, download and install the Shudder app from the App Store.
3. Pull down the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
5. Then, launch the Shudder app and sign in with your subscription account.
6. Now, you can select any horror content to watch on your Roku device or TV.
Frequently Asked Question
There could be several reasons for Shudder not working on Roku. It could be an internet connection failure, invalid subscription, server outrage, or issues with the app. You need to restart the Roku device and reinstall the Shudder app to solve this problem. Also, check the Roku device and Shudder app is updated to the latest version.