Sky TV subscribers can access the Sky Go app on Roku for free. On the Sky Go platform., you can find a lot of free-to-air channels like the iTV, Channel 4, and other live sports. Also, there is a separate section for On-Demand shows on the Sky Go app. Depending on your Sky TV subscription, you can watch over 100+ live TV channels. You can also record your favorite movies, TV shows, and sports to watch them offline.
How to Stream Sky Go on Roku
The official app for Sky Go is unavailable in the Roku Channel Store. So, you have to screen mirror the Sky Go app to Roku from the supported devices. The following are the Sky Go-supported devices you can use to screen mirror to Roku.
- Android Devices like smartphones and tablet
- iOS devices like iPhone and iPad
1. Enable the screen mirroring on Roku from Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring mode > Prompt or Allways Alow.
2. Enable the AirPlay on Roku from Roku Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings > Turn on AirPlay.
Screen Mirror Sky Go to Roku from Android Devices
The Sky Go app is available for download in the Google Play Store. You need to install this app and Sign In to it to screen mirror contents on your TV. Now, let’s get started.
1. Ensure that you have connected your Android device to the same wifi network as Roku.
2. Now, launch the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
3. From the list of available devices, choose your Roku device.
3. Next, open the Sky Go app on your Android device.
4. Input your subscription credentials and sign in to your account.
5. After that, you can choose any of your favorites to mirror it to your Roku.
Screen Mirror Sky Go to Roku From Windows PC
The Sky Go has a PC application as well. With this app, you can stream content on your PC. Now, download and install this on your PC to screen mirror it on Roku. If you have the app ready, let’s get started.
1. Download the Sky Go app on your PC. Next, open the .exe file and install the Sky Go app on your PC.
Sky Go for PC download link: https://bit.ly/3Qb48M5
2. After that, connect your PC to the same wifi network as Roku.
3. Launch the Sky Go app on your PC and sign in with your subscription account.
4. After that, minimize the Sky Go app and press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard.
5. Now, choose your Roku device from the Connect tab displayed on the right pane.
6. Finally, launch the Sky Go app and mirror its content to Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Sky Go to Roku from iOS Devices
The Sky Go app is available on iOS devices, and let’s cast it on Roku. First, ensure that you have installed the Sky Go app from the App Store. Some Roku devices support AirPlay helping you cast easily.
Roku Devices that support AirPlay are:
- Streambar (9120)
- Smart Soundbar (9101)
- Streaming Stick (3810, 3811)
- Ultra (4800, 4670, 4640, 4660,4661, 4662)
- Premiere (3920, 4620, 4630)
1. Connect your iOS device to the same wifi network as your Roku.
2. Swipe down the screen and choose the Contol Center option.
3. Tap on the Screen Mirroring option. Now, select your Roku device from the list.
4. Click on the Allow option on your TV screen.
5. Now, the mirroring has started. After that, open the Sky Go app on your iOS device and stream it on your TV.
Screen Mirror Sky Go to Roku from Mac
1. Connect your Mac and Roku to the same wifi network.
2. Then, down the Sky Go app for Mac from https://bit.ly/3A59a6F.
3. Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts on-screen to install the Sky Go app.
4. Next, launch the Sky Go app after installation and sign in to your Sky TV subscription account.
5. Now, run the Sky Go app in the background.
6. Click on the Control Center icon. Then, select the Screen Mirroring icon.
7. Choose your Roku device from the new window displayed on the screen.
8. Once the connection is successful, open the Sky Go app and mirror its content to Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sky Go is only available in the United Kingdom. So, the Sky Go app will not work outside the UK. However, to stream Sky Go from anywhere in the world, connect to a VPN on Roku.
Yes, the Sky Go app is available for Android or iOS devices, Firestick, Windows, and Mac PC.