Sky TV subscribers can access the Sky Go app for free on any compatible device. On the Sky Go platform, you can find a lot of free-to-air channels like iTV, Channel 4, and other live sports. Also, there is a separate section for On-Demand shows on the Sky Go app. Depending on your Sky TV subscription, you can watch over 100+ live TV channels. The Sky Go app can be streamed on your Roku device to watch free live TV channels.
What’s on Sky Go
- Sky Go offers 18+ Sky TV Channels for streaming.
- It has a TV catch-up to stream your favorite content anytime.
- You can resume the streaming of the last played content on any device.
- It has a download option to record movies, TV shows, and sports to watch offline
- There is a recommendation section to suggest similar kinds of movies and TV series based on your streaming.
How to Stream Sky Go on Roku
The official app for Sky Go is unavailable in the Roku Channel Store. So, you have to screen mirror the Sky Go app to Roku from the supported devices. The following are the Sky Go-supported devices you can use to screen mirror Roku.
Screen Mirror Sky Go to Roku from Android Devices
The Sky Go app is available for download in the Google Play Store on Android Devices like smartphones and tablets. You need to install this app, and you can screen mirror contents on your TV through the cast option. Now, you have to enable the screen mirroring option on Roku to mirror the Android or Windows PC screen.
1. Ensure that you have connected your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as Roku.
2. Now, launch the Notification Panel and tap on the Cast icon.
3. Choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
4. Next, open the Sky Go app on your Android device.
5. Input your subscription credentials and sign in to your account.
6. Now, you can choose any of your favorites to mirror it to your Roku.
Screen Mirror Sky Go to Roku From Windows PC
Sky Go has a PC application as well. With this app, you can stream content on your PC. Now, download and install this on your PC to screen mirror it on Roku. If you have the app ready, let’s get started.
1. Download the Sky Go app on your PC. Next, open the .exe file and install the Sky Go app on your PC.
Sky Go for PC download link: [//bit.ly/3Qb48M5]
2. After that, connect your PC to the same Wi-Fi network as Roku.
3. Launch the Sky Go app on your PC and sign in with your subscription account.
4. After that, minimize the Sky Go app and press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard.
5. Now, choose your Roku device from the Connect tab displayed on the right pane.
6. Finally, launch the Sky Go app and mirror its content to Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Sky Go to Roku from iOS Devices
The Sky Go app is available on iOS devices, and you can cast it on Roku through AirPlay. First, ensure that you have installed the Sky Go app from the App Store. You could turn on the AirPlay on Roku from Roku Settings. Some Roku devices support AirPlay helping you cast easily.
Roku Devices that support AirPlay are:
- Streambar (9120)
- Smart Soundbar (9101)
- Streaming Stick (3810, 3811)
- Ultra (4800, 4670, 4640, 4660,4661, 4662)
- Premiere (3920, 4620, 4630)
1. Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku.
2. Swipe down the screen and choose the Contol Center option.
3. Tap on the Screen Mirroring option. Now, select your Roku device from the list.
4. Click on the Allow option on your TV screen. Now, the mirroring has started.
5. Launch the Sky Go app on your iOS device and stream it on your TV.
Screen Mirror Sky Go to Roku from Mac
1. Connect your Mac and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, down the Sky Go app for Mac from https://bit.ly/3A59a6F.
3. Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts on-screen to install the Sky Go app.
4. Next, launch the Sky Go app after installation and sign in to your Sky TV subscription account.
5. Click on the Control Center icon. Then, select the Screen Mirroring icon.
6. Choose your Roku device from the new window displayed on the screen.
7. Once the connection is successful, open the Sky Go app and mirror its content to Roku.
Hence, you can stream the Sky Go content on Roku through other devices. Sky Go is a complete streaming app where you can watch movies, TV shows, live TV channels, sports content, and more. But, it is accessible only in the United Kingdom. It also offers Sky Originals in the content library.