Spike TV is an American cable TV channel owned by ViacomCBS. First, Spike TV was launched as The Nashville Network in 1983 and concentrated on in-country movies and variety shows. Later in the 2000s, The Nashville Network focuses on entertainment content related to wrestling. Then to capture a wider audience, The Nashville Network was relaunched as Spike TV focused on action movies and reality series. Again in 2018, Spike TV was relaunched as Paramount Plus and is now focusing on producing original movies. So, Spike TV has upgraded to a premium channel in the form of Paramount Network. So, if you want to see Spike TV on Roku, you need to add the Paramount Network channel. Also, some streaming service offers Paramount Network. So, it’s your choice to choose between the platform to watch Spike TV.
How to Watch Spike TV on Roku?
Since Spike TV has been rebranded to Paramount Plus, you can install the Paramount Plus application to watch it.
1. Setup your Roku device and connect to an internet connection.
2. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
3. Select Streaming Channels from the home screen.
4. Then, select Search Channels.
5. Search for the Paramount Network application and choose it from the search result.
6. Select Add Channel to add the Paramount Network to your Roku device.
7. Now, select OK from the prompt displayed on the screen.
How to Activate Paramount Network to watch Spike TV?
1. Open the Paramount Network on your Roku device.
2. An Activation Code will be displayed on the screen. Note the Activation Code.
3. Visit the activation website of Paramount Plus on a browser.
4. Enter the Activation Code and click Continue.
5. Now, Sign in with your Cable TV provider to verify your account.
6. Now, you are all set up.
How to Watch Spike TV on Roku
1. Relaunch the Paramount Network on your Roku device after verifying your Cable TV account details.
2. There are a lot of available movies and TV shows you can choose from on the Paramount Network application.
3. Select any movie or TV show and watch it on your Roku device.
Alternative Ways to Watch Spike TV
If you don’t have a cable TV subscription account, you can subscribe to the streaming services where Paramount Plus is available.
You can access the Philo TV platform with a subscription of $25 per month, and it is the only plan available for you to choose from. But I recommend you choose Philo TV because you can not get affordable subscription plans from any other sources. So, with a Philo TV subscription, you will get Paramount Plus and popular channels such as Comedy Central, Food Network, History Channel, and more.
Paramount Network is available in Sling TV only on the Addon package. But the cost to subscribe to both the Sling Orange and comedy Extra Package is affordable. You need to pay $35 for Sling Orange, and for the Comedy Extra package, you need to pay $6. As part of the Sling Orange package, you will get 30+ channels and a 50-hour cloud DVR storage which you can use to record your favorite shows, and the validity of the Sling orange pack is for a month. So, you will get one month of entertainment.
Paramount Plus is a division of Paramount Network, and you can get access to its platform by subscribing to it for $4.99/month. Its library includes all the Paramount Plus originals and other popular movies and TV shows and is more affordable than other streaming services. So, if you want to access Paramount Network, you can subscribe to Paramount Plus for a reasonable price to stream it for a month.
Still, Spike TV exists but is rebranded to Paramount Plus. If you have a cable TV subscription account, you can watch Paramount Network on Roku with the Paramount Network application or use the streaming service.