Squid Game is a Korean survival drama TV series directed by Hwang Dong-hyuk. It was released worldwide on September 17, 2021, and you can watch it on Netflix. The main casts include Lee Jung-Jae, Park Hae-Soo, Wi Ha-Joon, Jung Ho-Yeon, O Yeong-su, Heo Sung-Tae, Anupam Tripathi, and Kim Joo-Ryoung. You can stream and enjoy all the episodes of Squid Game on Roku using the Netflix channel.
Squid Game is a contest where 456 players, drawn from different walks of life but each deeply in debt, play a set of children’s games with deadly penalties for losing for the chance to win a ₩45.6 Billion Prize.
Squid Game Episodes
It is the first season of the series, comprising nine episodes with an average running time of 60 minutes each.
1: Red Light, Green Light
3: The Man With the Umbrella
4: Stick to the Team
5: A Fair World
8: Front Man
9: One Lucky Day
How to Stream Squid Game on Roku?
It is the most popular series reaching No.1 in 90 countries. You can watch all the episodes on Roku by downloading the Netflix app from the channel store. Follow the steps below to stream Squid Game on Roku:
(1) Connect your Roku to the TV using the HDMI port.
(2) Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
(3) On the home screen, scroll down and click the Streaming Channels option.
(4) Navigate to the search bar and type Netflix using the on-screen keyboard.
(5) From the suggestions list, click on Netflix > Add Channel to install it on your TV.
(6) Confirm the action by clicking OK.
(7) Now tap Go to channel option to launch the app.
(8) Login into your Netflix account with the necessary credentials.
(9) Find the search bar and type Squid Game to locate the series.
(10) Play from the first episode and enjoy the nail-biting thriller.
Related: Discovery Familia Go on Roku
Unknown Facts about Squid Game
These are the five unknown facts about this series you probably didn’t know yet.
- Many local studios rejected the script for almost 10 years termed it as violent, unrealistic and too grotesque . It was approved by Netflix just in 2019 as a series format.
- Squid Game creator, Hwang Dong-Hyuk initially planned to release it as a movie when he started in 2008.
- Hwang Dong-hyuk lost six of his teeth because of the stress while shooting the series.
- The giant, laser-eyed doll in the first episode “Red Light, Green Light” can be seen in real in Jincheon County in Chungcheongbok-do, South Korea.
- The makers left many Eastern eggs in the form of drawings as clues to understand what games are awaiting for the hostages.
It is definitely binge-worthy to add to your entertainment. However, you can stream this series only on Netflix, which is available on Roku. If you want to watch this series for free, you have to choose a plan and cancel it anytime within 30 days. This is more than enough time to binge all the episodes. You can visit this link to get your plan.