Steam is one of the most popular gaming platforms for PCs. On this platform, you can buy your favorite games. Even this platform allows you to remotely play your favorite games. Some of the games on Steam include Rocket League, Counter-Strike, and Grand Theft Auto. Although the Steam app is popular, the app is unavailable for Roku. However, there are alternative ways you can use to play games with the Steam platform on Roku.
Can you Get Steam Games on Roku?
The Steam games don’t have an official app on the channel store. Moreover, Steam Link is the only platform that lets you play games remotely. But screen mirroring the Steam Link app to Roku TV is not possible. However, the Steam app on PC supports remote play. So, the only way to get Steam games is by mirroring the Steam app from a PC. Before starting the screen mirroring process, enable the screen mirroring on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Steam Games to Roku from Windows PC
Connect your Windows PC and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below:
1. Install the Steam app on your PC.
Steam app for PC: Download Link
2. Now, launch the Steam app and sign in to your account.
3. Click the Library tab from the upper left corner.
4. Choose any game you want to play and select the Play button.
5. Press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
6. Next, select your Roku device from the new window displayed on the screen and connect to the device.
7. Go back to the Steam app and mirror the gameplay to your TV.
Thus, you can start playing your favorite Steam Games on your Roku device. You can also stream the Jackbox Games on Roku in a similar way.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, you can add and play classic games on Roku.
You can access as many games on Roku from the Channel Store. Some of them are Rainbow Dash, Super Maze, Doodle Jump, Neon Rider, Mightly Kong, and Hill Rider.