Threads have been ruling the social media space since its inception. The microblogging app has gained millions of users in a short time. Since it is a product of Instagram, you can be able to easily switch between the Meta apps, and you will get all the necessary settings and privacy options on this app. It would be a blessing to view the Threads on your TV screen because reading long threads with photos and videos on a small screen could sometimes be annoying. In this article, we will guide you to get the Threads app on your TV screen using the Roku device.
The Threads app has limited its availability only to Android and iOS devices. So on getting the Threads app on Roku, we have a workaround. Threads app has many insightful Threads with photos and videos. You can get a Threads Video downloader to download them and watch them offline at any time. Threads app reserves your Instagram username to use on this app anytime. You can get verified on Threads similar to other Meta apps.
How to Get Threads by Instagram on Roku
Apparently, the Threads app is unavailable on the Roku Channel Store. You have left with the screen mirroring option to view the Threads on your TV. The screen mirroring can be done with your Android and iOS devices.
Screen Mirror Threads App from Android
Initially, you have to enable screen mirroring mode on Roku to screen mirror the Android devices.
1. Make sure to connect the Android device and Roku to the same WiFi connection.
2. Download and install the Threads app on your Android device from Play Store.
3. Launch the Threads app and log in to your Instagram account.
4. Go to the Notification panel and tap the Screen Cast option.
5. Choose the Roku device to connect from the list of available devices.
6. Now, access the Threads app on your Roku device.
AirPlay Threads App on Roku from iOS Devices
Roku has Apple AirPlay and HomeKit support on all its updated devices. You have to turn on AirPlay on Roku for screen mirroring from iOS devices.
1. Launch the App Store and search for the Threads app.
2. Install the Threads app and open the app on your iOS device.
3. Sign in to your Instagram account and access the Control Center.
4. Choose the Screen Mirroring option and select the Roku device to connect.
5. Go to the Threads app and view the Threads on your Roku-connected TV.
No, the Roku Channel Store doesn’t support the Threads apps. You can screen mirror the app from Android and iOS devices.
No. The Threads app doesn’t support the web version. Hence you have to rely on the smartphone for screen mirroring on Roku.