Tubi is a completely free and legal streaming service that has over 20,000 movies and television shows. It is available on all commonly used devices like Android, iOS, Roku, Chromecast, Vizio, Xfinity, Apple TV, Xbox, PS4, Samsung, Sony, and Android smart TV. If you are a Roku user, Tubi TV is one of the best options to watch free content with limited ads. To know how to add and activate Tubi TV on Roku, then read the upcoming article.
Shows on Tubi TV
It has thousands of hours of content and titles for free with no strings attached. Tubi TV has streaming content from some popular studios like Paramount, Lionsgate, MGM, Warner Bros, etc.
How to Add Tubi TV on Roku
Before adding Tubi TV, make sure to sign up for Tubi TV from the official site.
 Turn on your Roku device and press the home button on your Roku remote.
 Choose the Search option from the menu.
 Search for Tubi on Roku using the virtual keyboard.
 Choose Tubi – Free Movies & TV logo from the search result.
 Click on Add to channel.
 Wait for some time till the channel gets added to your channel list.
 Click on Go to the channel to launch the Tubi TV.
Useful Link – Simple Ways to Watch IMDb TV on Roku streaming devices.
How to Activate Tubi TV on Roku
 After adding the Tubi TV, click on Go to Channel option to launch it.
 From the left sidebar, click on Sign in.
 Make a note of the activation code that appears on the screen.
 From your smartphone or PC, visit tubitv.com/activate.
 Enter the activation code and click on Activate.
Note: If you are already signed in to Tubi, you will be activated or log in with your Tubi account to activate the app.
 Once activated, your Roku screen will be updated.
 Now you can start streaming on Tubi.
Related: How to watch Crackle on Roku
How to Fix If the Tubi TV is Not Working on Roku
If Tubi is not working or having some error on your Roku device, then follow the guide to solve those issues.
- Unable to play videos on Tubi
Try playing other videos and if it doesn’t work, then go to other channels on your Roku device to check whether it is streaming or not. If it is not streaming, then restart your Roku device (Settings >> System >> System Restart >> Restart )
- Poor video quality or re-buffering
If you are experiencing poor video quality or buffering on Tubi, it is probably due to your internet connectivity. So check your internet connection and, if possible, reset your router. If it doesn’t work, check your internet status (Settings >> Network and confirm the status).
- Tubi is not available on the Channel store
If Tubi is not available on the Roku channel store, then try updating your Roku firmware to the latest version (Settings > System > System Update > Check now). Tubi’s minimum Firmware requirement is Firmware 7.7.
Alternative ways – How to Screen Mirror Tubi TV on Roku
You can use the screen mirroring on Roku feature to access the Tubi TV on Roku from Android or iOS Smartphones. And the same is discussed below.
Screen Mirror Tubi TV on Roku from Android Smartphone
You can follow the steps by step procedure below to screen mirror Tubi TV to your streaming device from Android Smartphone.
1. Initially connect your Android Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, install the Tubi app from the Google Play Store.
3. Next, from the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
4. Now, launch the Tuboi app and sign in to your account if required.
5. Finally, you can stream any movie or TV series you like and watch it on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Tubi TV on Roku from iOS Smartphone
The following are the step-by-step procedure to screen mirror the Tubi app to your streaming device from your iOS Smartphone.
Important Note: Turn on the AirPlay feature from the Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit. Then, you can turn on the AirPlay feature from the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
1. At first, connect your iOS Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. From the App Store, search and install the Tubi app.
3. Next, go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Now, choose your Roku device.
5. Launch the Tubi app on your iOS Smartphone.
6. Finally, you can choose and play any of your favorite content to watch on your Roku TV.
Related: How to watch Redbox on Roku
Screen Mirror Tubi TV on Roku from PC
Connect your PC and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
1. Open any web browser on your Roku TV, and visit the official website of Tubi TV (https://tubitv.com/).
2. Sign in to your account if required.
3. Now, choose any of your favorite content and play it.
4. Press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously and choose your Roku device.
5. Finally, the content from the Tubi website will play on your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Tubi TV is free to install and use.
You can launch the Tubi TV app to get the Activation Code on Roku.