Tumblr is a microblogging and social networking platform that allows users to post multimedia content like audio, video, photos, text, etc. This platform is very popular among artists and creators because of its diverse nature and the artistic freedom it grants. If you are someone who wants to show off your artistic and imaginative side, then Tumblr is the right platform for you. Unfortunately, Tumblr is not available as an app on Roku. But there are a few easy hacks to access Tumblr on Roku, and you’ll get to know about them if you continue reading further.
How Much is Tumblr on Roku
Tumblr is a free publishing platform. To publish content on Tumblr, you can just sign up for a free account simply.
However, Tumblr offers a feature called Post+ to its creators. It allows them to put their blog behind a paywall and grant access only to its subscribers/supporters. Tumblr creators can set subscriptions for their posts at the following prices:
- $3.99 per month
- $5.99 per month and
- $9.99 per month
What’s on Tumblr
- Tumblr gives you the option to upload a variety of media like images, sound, etc., and set them to post on a schedule or immediately.
- Apart from blogging, Tumblr also acts as a social media platform that lets you interact with your followers and get to know their views.
- The platform offers several themes that suit different publishing needs.
- Users can blog visually with a lot of photos and with minimal text.
How to Sign Up for Tumblr
1. Open a web browser and go to www.tumblr.com.
2. Click on the Log in button at the top-right corner.
3. You have the option to use your Gmail, Apple ID, or any other e-mail id to sign up for your Tumblr account.
4. After selecting your e-mail id, enter your blog name, birthdate and click Next.
5. Now, your Tumblr account gets created.
6. Then, log in to the e-mail id you have used to sign up for Tumblr.
7. Then, open the e-mail from Tumblr support and click the link to verify your e-mail.
8. After completing this process, you are ready to start posting on Tumblr.
Ways to Watch Tumblr on Roku
Tumblr can be accessed from its official website or through its apps available on Android & iOS devices. So, you can use the Screen Mirroring technique. You can screen mirror Tumblr on Roku to view and access it from a variety of devices, such as
Before we start to screen mirroring, there are a few prerequisites that we need to take care of. They are:
- Connect your Roku and the other screen mirroring device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Enable screen mirroring on your Roku device.
- Install the Tumblr app on your Android/iOS devices and sign in to your respective accounts.
Screen Mirror Tumblr on Roku from Android Device
1. After installing the Tumblr app on your Android device, open it.
2. Now, turn on the Cast feature. You can find that feature on the Notification panel or in your mobile’s Settings.
3. After turning on the Cast feature, a list of devices gets displayed.
4. Choose your Roku device from the list and get it connected.
5. At last, go back to the Tumblr app and start browsing.
6. Whatever content you see on the Tumblr app gets displayed on your Roku TV simultaneously.
Screen Mirror Tumblr on Roku from iOS Device
1. After installing the Tumblr app on your iOS device, launch it.
2. Then, go to Control Center and choose the Screen Mirroring option.
3. Choose your Roku from the list of devices and tap on it.
4. Successfully connect your Roku and iOS device.
5. Now, launch the Tumblr app and browse through its content on Roku.
Screen Mirror Tumblr on Roku from Mac
1. Turn on your Mac and connect it to the internet.
2. Now, open Control Center on your Mac and click on the Screen Mirroring option.
3. Now, choose your Roku device and connect to it.
4. Then, launch a web browser and visit Tumblr’s website.
5. Sign in to your Tumblr account, and start viewing its content on your Mac & Roku parallelly.
Screen Mirror Tumblr on Roku from Windows PC
1. Power on your Windows PC and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Click the Windows+K shortcut on your keyboard.
3. Now, a pop-up appears with a list of devices available for casting.
4. Select your Roku device’s name and connect both devices successfully.
5. Now, open a web browser on your Windows PC and head to Tumblr’s website.
6. Sign in to your account and start browsing content simultaneously on your Roku and Windows PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Only Roku devices that run on OS 7.7 or above support screen mirroring. If you haven’t updated your device recently, update Roku to the latest version.
No. The Post+ feature is available only to creators residing in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, and Spain. But, there are no geographic restrictions for supporters/subscribers.
Tumbler #80s, #90s, and #5sos are hashtags that Tumbler users use to share nostalgic images and aesthetics pertaining to that particular decade.