Are you interested in streaming gaming videos on Roku? Then, Twitch is the best platform you need to choose. Twitch allows you to live stream your own gameplay and watch other streamers’ gameplay too. But, recently, the app was removed from Roku. But you can add Twitch as a private channel on Roku using the channel code. If you have already the channel, you can retrieve it. Moreover, you can screen mirror the Twitch app on Roku from different devices like Android mobile, iPhone and PC.
Why Choose Twitch on Roku
- You can watch the gameplay of popular games like PUBG, Minecraft, FIFA 18, etc., with closed captioning.
- Twitch supports live chat during any gameplay.
- You can watch interactive live news videos, unique programs, and more.
- Find new multiplayer games and IRL videos easily with an intuitive interface.
- Based on what you like, Twitch will bring you new stream suggestions.
How Much is Twitch on Roku
Twitch is basically free to use. But it offers subscription plans in three tiers to go ad-free. Their respective cost is given below.
How to Add Twitch on Roku
As already mentioned, you can add Twitch as a private channel, if you have already used it. The following steps will guide you on how to do it.
1. Initially, launch a web browser on your smartphone or PC.
2. Next, visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
3. Enter your Roku account credentials to log in to your account.
4. After that, go to the Account section.
5. Under the Manage account section, click the Add Channel with a code option.
6. On the required field, enter TWOKU and click the Add Channel button.
7. A warning message will appear on the screen. From there, click on the OK button.
#8. After that, select the Yes, add channel button from the pop-up to add Twitch on Roku.
After completing the above steps, update your Roku device. Only then you’ll find the private channel version of Twitch on Roku.
How to Retrieve the Official Twitch App
If in case you have already installed the Twitch app on Roku, the following steps will help you retrieve the official Twitch app.
Important Note: The following method is tested only on certain Roku device models, and it may or may not work on your Roku device.
1. Go to the official Roku Channel Store website.
2. Next, sign in with your Roku account.
3. Move on to the Account section.
4. Click the Add Channel with a Code option from the Manage account section.
5. Next, input twitchtv and hit the Add Channel button.
6. Select the OK button from the warning prompt.
7. After that, confirm your selection by selecting the Yes, add channel button.
8. For the final step, update Roku and retrieve the official Twitch app.
How to Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku
If you can’t get Twitch on Roku Channel Store, you can screen mirror the official Twitch app from Android or iOS devices.
But before screen mirroring, as a pre-requisite,
- Enable screen mirroring on Roku device
- Connect Roku & screen mirroring device to the same Wi-Fi network
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku from Android Device
1. Install the Twitch app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
2. Launch the Twitch app after installation and sign in to your account.
3. Swipe your Android device’s screen from up to down. This brings down the Notification Panel.
4. From the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
5. Finally, go to the Twitch app, stream your favorite games, and watch on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku from iOS Devices
From your Roku Settings, enable the AirPlay feature and follow the steps below:
1. Ensure that you have connected your iOS device to the wifi network as same as Roku.
2. Open the App Store on your iOS device and install the Twitch app.
3. After that, go to the Control Center and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. From the list of available devices, select the Roku device.
5. Now, launch the Twitch app.
6. Next, input your credentials to sign in to your account.
7. After that, you can go back to the Twitch app and mirror your favorites to your TV.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku from PC
1. On a web browser on a PC, visit the official website of Twitch.
2. Sign in to your account.
3. Choose any of the live game streams on Twitch and play it.
4. Then, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
5. Now, choose your Roku device from the Connect tab.
6. At last, you can stream your favorites on your Roku TV.
Amazon pulled out of an agreement with Roku offering the Twitch app. So, the Twitch app was removed from the Channel Store.
Yes, Twitch is a free platform. But you can remove the ads from the gaming video by subscribing to Tier 1 at 4.99 per month, Tier 2 at $9.99 per month, and Tier 3 at $24.99 per month.