Twitch is quite a unique streaming service with loads of impressive features. It is a video live streaming service and can be used to watch gaming videos, Esports, IRL, and more. The users can use Twitch as a platform to broadcast their video gameplay, view streams, talk with others, etc. It supports chatting with others who are playing your favorite games. So, Twitch is a two-in-one service that supports live streaming as well as chat while playing games. Get down to know if Twitch is available for Roku devices.
Is Twitch on Roku?
No. Although it is a cross-platform app, those Roku users cannot access Twitch. In other words, there is no official version of Twitch is available in the Channel Store. But it doesn’t mean that it is impossible to stream or access the Twitch app on Roku. We have come up with an alternative way in which you can stream Twitch on your streaming device. To know more, you should read the article till the end.
Features of Twitch
The impressive and unique features of Twitch are as follows.
- With the Twitch app, you can watch gamers play different games. For instance, PUBG, Minecraft, FIFA 18, etc.
- You can even broadcast your own gaming content to others.
- The Twitch app also supports live chat during any gameplay.
- Watch interactive live news videos, unique programs, and more.
- Find new multiplayer games and IRL videos easily with the intuitive interface.
- Based on what you like, Twitch will bring you new streams.
Related: How to Add Spotify on Roku?
How to Get Twitch on Roku?
Roku Channel Store has no official support of Twitch currently. But, the procedure given below helps you install unofficial Twitch on Roku.
#1. Launch the web browser on your PC at first.
#2. Visit https://my.roku.com using the address bar.
#3. Provide your Roku login credentials like email and password.
#4. Under Manage Accounts, click on the “Add Channel with a code” option.
#5. Type as TwitchTV on the channel access code bar and click on Add Channel button.
#6. A warning message will appear and you should click on OK to proceed further.
#7. After that, select the “Yes, add channel” button to add Twitch on Roku.
#8. When the confirmation screen is shown, you can launch the Roku device.
#9. You will find Twitch on Roku and you can start using it.
Note: This is an unofficial Roku channel and you may lose access to its support anytime.
Alternative Method – How to Stream Twitch on Roku
You must remember that you have a feature i.e, screen mirroring on Roku. So, you can enable the screen mirroring feature to mirror the Twitch app to your streaming device from an Android or iOS Smartphone.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku from Android Smartphone
1. Connect your Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device.
2. Then, install the Twitch app on your Android Smartphone from the Google Play Store.
3. Launch the Twitch app after installation and sign in to your account.
4. Swipe your Android Smartphone’s screen from up to down. This brings down the Notification Panel.
5. From the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
6. Finally, go to the Twitch app and stream your favorite games to watch on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku from iOS Smartphone
1. Ensure that you have connected your iOS Smartphone to the Wi-Fi network as same as your Roku device.
2. From the App Store on your iOS Smartphone, install the Twitch app.
3. After that, go to the Control Center and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. From the list of available devices, select the Roku device.
5. Now, launch the Twitch app.
6. Next, input your credentials to sign in to your account.
7. Choose any game you want to stream and play it. Then, the selected live stream will mirror to your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku from PC
`1. On a web browser on a PC, visit the official website of Twitch.
2. Sign in to your account.
3. Choose any of the live game streams on Twitch and play it.
4. Then, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
5. Now, choose your Roku device.
6. At last, the selected gaming content will mirror to your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Twitch app is unavailable in the Channel Store.
Yes, you can use the screen mirroring method to mirror the Twitch app from Android or iOS smartphones.
Twitch has not officially launched on the Channel Store.