Are you interested in streaming gaming videos? Then, Twitch is the platform you need to choose. On this platform, you can live stream your own gameplay as well as watch the gameplay of other streamers. Moreover, you can access the Twitch platform for free on various devices like Android and iOS devices. Also, you can live stream gaming videos on Roku via the Twitch app.
Features of Twitch
The impressive and unique features of Twitch are as follows.
- You can watch the gameplay of popular games like PUBG, Minecraft, FIFA 18, etc.
- You can even broadcast your own gaming content to others.
- The Twitch app also supports live chat during any gameplay.
- Watch interactive live news videos, unique programs, and more.
- Find new multiplayer games and IRL videos easily with an intuitive interface.
- Based on what you like, Twitch will bring you new streams.
Can you Download and Get Twitch on Roku
Officially, the Twitch app is removed from the Roku Channel Store. However, the private channel version of Twitch is available. So, you can add the channel and stream the gameplay of your favorite games on Twitch. But the only thing you have to be reminded of is that you won’t get any official support from Twitch.
How to Get Twitch on Roku
There are two ways to get the Twitch app on Roku. They are:
- Adding the Twitch private channel
- Retrieving the Official Twitch App
Adding Twitch Private Channel on Roku
The following are the steps you need to follow to get the private channel version of the Twitch app.
#1. Initially, launch a web browser on your smartphone or PC.
#2. Next, visit the official website of Twitch.
#3. Enter your Roku account credentials to log in to your account.
#4. After that, go to the Account section.
#5. Under the Manage account section, click on the “Add Channel with a code” option.
#6. On the required field, enter TWOKU and click on the Add Channel button.
#7. A warning message will appear on the screen. From there, click on the OK button.
#8. After that, select the “Yes, add channel” button to add Twitch on Roku.
After completing the steps above, update Roku. Only then, you can find the private channel version of Twitch on Roku. To update your Roku, go to Roku Settings > System > System Update > Check Now.
Retrieving the Official Twitch App
If in case you have already installed the Twitch app on Roku, the following steps will help you retrieve the official Twitch app.
Important Note: The following method is tested only on certain Roku device models, and it may or may not work on your Roku device.
1. Go to the official website of Twitch on a web browser.
2. Next, sign in with your Roku account credentials.
3. Move on to the Account section.
4. Click on the Add Channel with a Code option from the Manage account section.
5. Next, input twitchtv and hit the Add Channel button.
6. Select the OK button from the warning prompt.
7. After that, confirm your selection by selecting the Yes, add channel button.
8. For the final step, update Roku and retrieve the official Twitch app.
Alternative Method – How to Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku
If you don’t want to use any unofficial platform to stream Twitch, you can screen mirror the official Twitch app to Roku from Android or iOS devices.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku from Android Devices
To screen mirror Android devices like smartphones and tablets, you need to enable screen mirroring on Roku.
1. Connect your Android device to the same wifi network as your Roku.
2. Then, install the Twitch app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
3. Launch the Twitch app after installation and sign in to your account.
4. Swipe your Android device’s screen from up to down. This brings down the Notification Panel.
5. From the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Roku device.
6. Finally, go to the Twitch app and stream your favorite games to watch on your Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku from iOS Devices
From your Roku Settings, enable the AirPlay feature and follow the steps below:
1. Ensure that you have connected your iOS device to the wifi network as same as Roku.
2. Open the App Store on your iOS device and install the Twitch app.
3. After that, go to the Control Center and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. From the list of available devices, select the Roku device.
5. Now, launch the Twitch app.
6. Next, input your credentials to sign in to your account.
7. After that, you can go back to the Twitch app and mirror your favorites to your TV.
Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku from PC
1. On a web browser on a PC, visit the official website of Twitch.
2. Sign in to your account.
3. Choose any of the live game streams on Twitch and play it.
4. Then, press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
5. Now, choose your Roku device from the Connect tab.
6. At last, you can stream your favorites on your Roku TV.
Amazon pulled out of agreement with Roku offering the Twitch app. So, the Twitch app was removed from the Channel Store.
Yes, Twitch is a free platform. But you can remove the ads from the gaming video by subscribing to Tier 1 at 4.99 per month, Tier 2 at $9.99 per month, and Tier 3 at $24.99 per month. You can also subscribe to Twitch through its official website.