Twitter is a Social media and microblogging platform. In twitter, the post that is posted is called a tweet. It has billions of users from all over the world. Roku is available as a standalone app for almost all major devices like Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac. It was also available on the Roku channel store in the beginning under the category of web video in that you can watch online videos and live streams on Twitter. It does not allow you to write or read the tweet. Now it was completely removed from Roku. So let’s see how to use Twitter on Roku.
How to access Twitter on Roku?
You can only Screen mirror Twitter on Roku, all the writing tweets, scrolling, and all can be done only on your phone. You can use this feature to watch videos and live streams on your Roku screen. Some of the ways to do this are
- Using Android
- Via iOS devices
- Using PC
Before screen mirroring Roku make sure of the following
- Turn on/Connect your Roku device
- Make sure both the Casting device and Roku device are connected to the same WiFi network
Related: Instagram on Roku
Twitter on Roku via Android
1) Open Playstore in your Android device.
2) Search for Twitter in the search bar
3) Download and install Twitter in your device.
4) Open Twitter in your device once installed
5) Now Open settings and navigate to connection related (Connections/Other wireless connection/Device connections) menu
6) Search for Cast/Multi-screen/Smart view (varies from device to device)
7) Turn the Cast/Multi-screen/Smart view toggle on
8) Select your Roku device from the list
9) Now you can view Twitter on your Roku Screen.
Twitter on Roku via iOS
1) Open App store in your iOS device
2) Click on search tab and type Twitter
3) Click on Get to download and Install Twitter in your device.
4) Once installed, open twitter in your iOS device
5) Now again back to App store and search Streamer for Roku
6) Click on Get to download and install in your device
7) Open Streamer for Roku in your iOS device
8) Select your Roku device from the list of available device and click on connect
9) Also, install the streamer channel in Roku device manually or by clicking install in your iOS device screen it will prompt you to the Streamer channel page in your Roku
10) After adding the Streamer channel open it to establish connection
11) Now click on Screen mirror in your iOS
12) It will prompt you to install mirror for Roku from the app store
13) Install the app in your device
14) Press the Tap to start mirroring icon
15) A warning message will appear on the screen, click on Start Broadcast
16) Now you can view Twitter on your device screen
Twitter on Roku via Web Browser
1) Open the browser in your device
2) Visit the Twitter official site in your browser
3) Open settings from the start menu
4) Select System settings
5) Now select Display from the left panel
6) Under display settings, select Connect to wireless display
7) Select your Roku device from the list of available devices
8) Now your can view Twitter on your device screen .
Related: Facebook on Roku
So now you can view Twitter on your Roku device. Also all the controls on Twitter should be done from the casting device and it can be just viewed from your Roku device. if you have doubts make in article make use of the article above. For more Roku related article make use of the comment section below.