Are you looking for a platform to express your views, build networks, and get updates on ongoing trends? Then, Twitter is the best pick for you. Twitter is a popular social media platform where you can post and interact through short messages called Tweets. Twitter or X is not available on the Roku Channel Store. But you can access Twitter on Roku by mirroring your Android, iPhone, or PC screen.
In this article, you will learn all the possible ways to view Twitter on Roku-connected TV or Roku TV.
4 Ways to View Twitter on Roku
As mentioned earlier, Roku doesn’t have a native Twitter app, nor does it have a web browser to access Twitter’s website. So, the only way we can access Twitter on Roku is through screen mirroring.
There are a few prerequisites that have to be done before screen mirroring Twitter. They are listed below.
- Connect your Smartphone or PC and the Roku device to the same Wi-Fi.
- Enable Screen Mirroring Mode on your Roku to mirror your Android Phone or Windows PC screen.
- You need to turn On AirPlay on Roku TV to mirror your iOS or Mac device screen.
- Install Twitter from the Play Store or App Store on your Android or iPhone and log in to your Twitter account using the required credentials.
Screen Mirror Twitter on Roku from Android Device
1. After installing the Twitter app, open it on your Android device.
2. Click the Cast option in the Notification Panel.
3. Select your Roku device name to mirror the smartphone screen.
4. After connecting both devices successfully, you can return to the Twitter app on your Android phone and surf through its content.
5. Whatever you watch within the app will appear on the Roku screen.
Get X on Roku using iPhone / iPad
1. On your iOS device, launch the Twitter app.
2. Choose the Screen Mirroring icon from the Control Centre.
3. Tap your Roku device name from the list of devices shown.
4. Once the iPhone or iPad screen is mirrored to Roku, launch the Twitter app on your iOS device and watch its content on Roku.
Screen Mirror Twitter on Roku from Mac
1. Turn On your Mac. Connect the Roku to WiFi, same as your Mac.
2. Tap the Screen Mirroring option from the Control Centre.
3. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices. Now, your Mac screen will be mirrored on your Roku device.
4. Now, open a browser on a Mac and visit the Twitter website.
5. Sign in to your account and view the Twitter posts on a big screen.
View Twitter on Roku using Windows PC
1. Power on your Windows PC.
2. Press the Windows + K shortcut to open the Connect pop-up window.
3. Choose your Roku device from the list to mirror the Windows screen.
4. On your Windows PC, visit the Twitter website from a browser on your PC and sign in to your Twitter account.
5. Play any video on the website and watch it on your Roku-connected TV.
How Much is Twitter on Roku
Twitter is a free-to-use social media platform.
However, there is a feature called X Premium that gives a blue verification tick for the profile and additional features. The subscription cost of X Premium for various devices is as follows.
- iOS: $11.00/month or $114.99/year
- Android: $11.00/month or $114.99/year
- Web: $8.00/month or $84.00/year
What’s on Twitter
- Twitter lets you customize the notifications. In this way, you can focus only on important tweets and messages.
- Since GIFs are an integral part of social media, Twitter has a native GIF search feature that lets you find GIFs in seconds.
- Twitter allows users to pin a tweet. So it stays at the top of your feed and improves your engagement.
- With effective usage of hashtags, users can reach a large audience interested in a particular topic.
- Twitter Premium allows users to tweet up to 10,000 characters and allows 50% fewer ads on your feed.
- You can upload a video about 3 hours long and up to 8GB file size.
- Concerning your privacy, Twitter (X) lets you create a community with your premium membership.
How to Sign Up for Twitter (X)
1. Go to Twitter’s official website on a web browser.
2. You can sign up with your Gmail or Apple ID. You can also create an account.
3. Enter the required details like Date of Birth, Username, and Preferences in the following pages.
4. After entering all the required details, your Twitter account gets created successfully.
5. Now, you can use your e-mail ID & password to sign into your Twitter account.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Twitter doesn’t offer any free trial.
X is not available for the Roku device. However, you can mirror the X app content to Roku from your Smartphone or PC.