Vudu offers Video-on-demand rental and digital movie purchases. This platform also integrates with digital locker companies to help store and stream digital movies bought at retail. It offers more than 200,000 new releases and catalog titles to rent or buy. And Vudu also has the largest collection of 4k Ultra HD titles. Its immediate competitors are Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu, amongst others. Vudu is available on streaming devices like Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, etc. In case of Vudu is not working on Roku, below are the methods by which you can solve the problem.
Requirements of Vudu
- Roku 4K TVs(Non-HDR models, Roku 4 and Roku premiere media streamers, Roku TV with HDR support, Roku streaming Stick+.
- You should have a stable internet connection of 5 Mbps to stream on Vudu seamlessly.
How to Solve the Vudu Not Working on Roku Issue
(1) Check Your Internet Speed
A good network speed is essential to stream movies on Roku. First, check your internet connection and speed, which you get from your internet provider. So, kindly check with your Internet Service Provider to solve the issue. Alternatively, you can reset to fix the external issues that slow down your internet speed.
(2) Update Vudu
Every time you upgrade an app, there is a small possibility that it contains flaws. In order to reduce the flaws, frequent updates will be released to fill in the flaws and bring new and exciting content. This is the reason why you should update apps on Roku. So, update the Vudu app to see whether the fix is working or not.
(3) Uninstall and Reinstall Vudu
By uninstalling the Vudu app and reinstalling it, there is a chance your Vudu app will work. You can uninstall the app by using the following steps:
(1) Press Home on your Roku remote.
(2) Select the Vudu app and hold the Asterisk button(*) on your remote.
(3) Choose the Remove channel option from the list and press OK on the remote.
Now you have uninstalled Vudu from Roku. To install the Vudu app on Roku, follow the steps below:
(1) On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
(2) Select Streaming Channels and choose Search channels.
(3) Enter Vudu using the virtual keyboard on the search bar and choose the Vudu app.
(4) Select Add channel and Choose OK to confirm.
You have now installed the app. Next, log in to your account and check whether Vudu is working or not.
Also, you can check how to fix if the Netflix is not working on Roku
(4) Restart Roku
You can restart your Roku device by using the following steps:
(1) Press Home on your remote.
(2) Choose Settings and select System.
(3) Choose System restart and select Restart to restart your Roku device.
Once your device is restarted, check whether your Vudu app is working or not.
These are the methods in which you can solve Vudu not working on Roku. If the above methods don’t work, go to Vudu Support or Roku Support. Then, search your queries, and customer support will give you a definite answer.
Related: How to solve if the Amazon Prime Video is not working on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
Internet connectivity issues or issues with your Roku device can cause the Vudu not working on the Roku issue.
Yes, you can easily fix the issues with Vudu on Roku.