Yahoo Sports is a platform where you read your favorite sports news and catch up on real-time scores. At First, it was a news website launched by Yahoo in 1997. Then, Yahoo developed an application to access the Yahoo Sports platform. With Yahoo Sports, you can get live scores for major sports such as NBA, NFL, La Liga, and much more. But the Yahoo Sports application is only available on the Google Play Store and the App Store. Unfortunately, this application is unavailable in the Roku Channel Store and hence not for Roku devices. However, you can still access Yahoo Sports with the Screen Mirroring feature. But you still need a Yahoo account to access the Yahoo Sports Platform. So, for your convenience, I have clearly explained how to create a Yahoo Account and access Yahoo Sports on Roku in this article.
How to Create Yahoo Account?
A Yahoo account is the only requirement to access Yahoo Sports. And you can create the same for free by following the steps below:
1. Visit the official website to create a Yahoo account.
2. Click on Create an Account button.
3. Fill in the details and click on Continue.
4. Enter the verification code sent to your mail.
5. Click on Verify.
6. Now, you have successfully created your Yahoo mail, and you can use this account to sign in on Yahoo Sports.
How to Get Yahoo Sports On Roku?
Due to the unavailability of the Yahoo Sports app in the Channel Store, you have to use the screen mirroring on the Roku feature to mirror the Yahoo Sports app from an Android or iOS Smartphone. And you have three ways to access Yahoo Sports on Roku. They are,
- From Android Smartphone
- Using iOS Smartphone
- From PC
How to Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku?
First, you have to tweak the Settings on Roku to screen mirror Yahoo Sports. The steps to do the same are as below:
1. Turn on your Roku device.
2. Select Settings from the home screen.
3. Under Settings, select System.
4. Under System Settings, choose Screen Mirroring.
5. In the Screen mirroring mode, select Prompt or Allways Allow.
When a device requests a connection to the screen mirror, Prompt will ask you every time to establish the connection or not. Choosing the Allow Allow option will result in screen mirroring default when a device requests a connection.
How to Access Yahoo Sports on Roku using Android Smartphone?
1. Connect your Android Smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install the Yahoo Sports application from the Google Play Store.
3. Tap on Cast from the Notification Panel. Remember that it may be Screen Mirroring/Smart Mirroring based on the device.
4. Then, open the Yahoo Sports app and sign in with your Yahoo mail.
5. Now, you can read the sports news on your Roku TV.
How to Access Yahoo Sports on Roku from iOS Smartphone
Ensure that you have connected your iOS Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device. Then, you can follow the steps below to screen mirror the Yahoo Sports app from your iOS Smartphone.
NOTE: Before initiating the screen mirroring process from iOS Smartphone, go to the Roku Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings. Now, choose the AirPlay option and turn it on.
1. Open the Yahoo Sports app on your iOS Smartphone. If you haven’t installed the Yahoo Sports app, you can install the app from the App Store.
2. Then, go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. Next, open the Yahoo Sports app and sign in to your account.
4. Finally, you can choose any sports content to mirror it to your Roku TV.
How to Access Yahoo Sports On Roku Using PC?
1. Connect your PC and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Visit the official website of Yahoo Sports on any web browser from your PC.
3. Sign in with your Yahoo mail.
4. Select any sports news that you want to read.
5. Simultaneously press the Windows + K keys on your keyboard. Then, choose your Roku device from the list of available devices.
8. Now, Yahoo Sports will be mirrored to your Roku TV.
Yahoo provides this extraordinary service to date for free. With Yahoo Sports, you can catch up on your favorite sports only with your Yahoo mail ID. To get Yahoo’s service, you can create a Yahoo mail for free. Then, you can follow the steps in this article to read Yahoo Sports on your Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Yahoo Sports channel is unavailable in the channel store.
There is no way to add Yahoo Sports to Roku. However, you can use the screen mirroring feature on Roku to mirror the Yahoo Sports app from Android or iOS smartphones and PC.