STARZ is a premium streaming platform that is focused on entertainment. By installing the STARZ app on Roku, you can watch the on-demand content that you haven’t watched on Netflix, Prime Video, or Paramount+. STARZ is officially available on the Channel Store and install it to explore the new movies, series, and originals.
Unlike other streaming platforms, STARZ provides you top curated content in various categories. You can watch live TV on STARZ consists of classic and all-time hits. You also get behind-the-scenes content exclusively as an additional clip to the movies and series.
We have curated the installation and activation steps of STARZ which helps you to get started on your Roku device. Know about the list of streaming services that offer STARZ as an add-on.
How to Get STARZ on Roku Device
To explore the content on STARZ, you need to purchase a premium subscription that costs $9.99/month.
1. Switch on your Roku device and connect it to a WiFi network.
2. On your home screen, navigate to the Streaming Channels option.
3. Next, choose the Search Channels option under Streaming Channels.
4. On the search bar, search for the STARZ app.
5. From the search results, select the STARZ channel and click on the Add Channel option to install the app.
How to Activate STARZ on Roku
Activation of the STARZ channel is mandatory to unlock the hits and original content. By activating it, you can log in to STARZ on your Roku device.
1. Open the STARZ channel on your Roku.
2. On the home screen of the app, click on the Sign in button. You will receive an activation code on your TV.
3. Open the browser on your PC or smartphone and visit the STARZ Activation Website (http://activate.starz.com/).
4. Now, sign in with your Starz login credentials on the website.
5. Enter the activation code on the website and click Submit.
The app will refresh and start loading content on your Roku device.
How to Stream STARZ on Roku Without Cable
Other than the Roku channel store, you can watch the STARZ channel on Roku by using some of the streaming services. These streaming services offer plenty of live TV channels with moderate subscription plans.
The first on the list is Sling TV. Sling TV consists of three different subscription packages, Sling Blue ($40/month), Orange ($40/month), and Sling Orange & Blue ($55/month). To watch STARZ using Sling TV on Roku, you need to purchase any one of the Sling TV packages and add STARZ to the package as an add-on.
Starz add-on costs $9/month. By purchasing the add-on, you can get to watch some of the Starz-associated channels like Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, etc.
Philo has a wide collection of popular channels with a paid subscription. The subscription plan streams over 64 channels at $25/month. Furthermore, you can add channel add-ons to your subscription.
To watch STARZ using Philo on Roku, add the Starz add-on to the subscription that costs $9/month and stream all STARZ channels like STARZ, STARZ Encore, and STARZ Kids & Family.
fuboTV consists of four different premium packages in its service. The service primarily focuses on sports-related content, but it also provides entertainment channels in its package.
- Pro: $69.99/month
- Elite: $79.99/month
- Ultimate: $99.99/month
- Latino: 32.99/month.
Subscribe to any one of these packages and Get STARZ with a premium add-on of $8.99/month. Moreover, get STARZ with a $19.99/month premium bundle streaming STARZ, Epix, and Showtime. Thus, streaming STARZ with fuboTV on Roku can give you a great streaming experience.
Other than the mentioned streaming services, you can watch Starz on YouTube TV, Hulu, and AT&T TV by subscribing to the premium package and adding Starz as an add-on. You can start streaming some of the Starz content, like Spiderman: Far From Home, Power Book II, and more.
How to Fix STARZ Not Working on Roku
The STARZ app might stop working on your Roku device due to various reasons. You can fix it by following the DIY diagnosing methods below.
1. Check whether Roku is connected to the internet.
2. Restart the router if the internet speed is slow.
3. Reboot Roku if the app keeps freezing or crashing
4. Clear the STARZ app cache and try again.
5. Uninstall and reinstall the STARZ app.
6. Update Roku if the device firmware is outdated.
Yes, the STARZ app is free to install on Roku devices.
Yes, you can be able to cancel the STARZ subscription on Roku if you have purchased the premium plans using the Roku account.