truTV or TruTV is an American media streaming channel from AT&T TVs WarnerMedia. The slogan of truTV is “Funny because it’s true.” The picture format of truTV is 1080p (HDTV) in major cable and satellite providers. However, truTV now airs programs in the comedy genre. This includes reality and lifestyle series like Impractical Jokers and Adam Ruins Everything. truTV app is available on most streaming platforms, including Roku.
How Much Does truTV Cost on Roku?
truTV app does not have a separate subscription plan. You can sign in with the TV provider subscription. The popular TV providers are Cox, Xfinity, Spectrum, Dish, Optimum, and more.
How to Get truTV on Roku
The truTV is an entertaining channel that focuses on comedy genre shows. It has an app on the Roku Channel Store for you to download and install. Follow these simple steps for the same.
1. Firstly, using the Home button on your remote, go to the Home Screen.
2. Navigate to the Streaming Channels section on the left pane.
3. Select the Search Channels option and search for truTV in the Roku Channel Store.
4. Next, Choose the truTV app from the suggestions and go to the channel overview.
5. Select Add Channel to get truTV on the Roku device.
6. Once the app gets downloaded, click on the OK button on the pop-up.
How to Activate truTV on Roku
After installing the app, you have to activate it to stream content on your TV.
1. Launch the truTV app on your device by clicking on the Go to Channel option.
2. The app will display an Activation Code on your TV.
3. Go to the truTV Activation Website [www.trutv.com/activate/roku] on any browser on your PC or smartphone.
4. Enter the Activation Code and click on the Submit button.
On successful login, your app will refresh and start displaying content to stream. Start streaming your favorite on Roku. Now, we have truTV all ready to stream on Roku.
Alternative Method to Stream truTV on Roku
There are some service providers supported on Roku that have truTV in their channel line-up. Some of these channel service providers are listed below.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV brings you on-demand content and TV channels at $69.99 per month, where you can add channels as add-ons. The Live TV channel lineup on Hulu includes truTV. You can access 6 different profiles on a single subscription.
The Hulu + Live TV service offers cloud DVR storage of 50 hours. You can record the TV channels and watch them later.
Sling TV streams truTV along with other channels. Unlike other platforms that stream fixed channel packages, Sling TV lets you customize your channel package. This is advantageous as you don’t have to go with an expensive package with channels you don’t want. All you need to do is, subscribe to a base plan and add channels as add-ons to this package.
The Sling TV Orange and Blue package cost $40 per month. The combined package of Sling Orange + Blue costs $55 per month. The truTV channel is available in all three subscription packages.
YouTube TV offers the truTV channel in its basic channel package. This pack includes 85+ live channels along with popular US TV channels. It also has unlimited cloud DVR storage to record the live streaming of TV channels.
Apart from this, you can stream TV channels on three devices simultaneously. The subscription costs $69.99 per month. You can
Get truTV on Roku with service providers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, truTV is free to add from the channel store.
Yes, you need to activate truTV on Roku.