BBC iPlayer is a UK-based Video streaming platform that streams BBC Network channels like BBC One, BBC Two, BBC America, BBC News, and more. Moreover, the BBC iPlayer app supports popular streaming devices like Roku. So, you can watch all of your favorites for free on your Roku. You can also download the content on this app and stream them offline at any time.
Moreover, you can get live TV as well as catch-ups of the supported TV channels on BBC iPlayer. In addition, you can access all the available content on BBC iPlayer for free. It also provides an option to pause and resume the content on any streaming device with the same account login. You can add your favorite movies and TV shows in the Favorites section. You can also restart the live streaming of TV channels from where you want.
Does My Roku Support BBC iPlayer App?
BBC iPlayer is not available in certain Roku device models. Except for the following device models, you can stream this streaming app on all other Roku device models easily.
Make sure to update Roku to the latest version before you add the BBC iPlayer.
How to Add BBC iPlayer on Roku
 Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
 Navigate to the Streaming Channels option from the menu.
 Next, choose the Search Channels option.
 Search for BBC iPlayer using the search bar and select the app tile from the suggestion list.
 On the next screen, hit the Add channel button from the channel info page to install the app. It will take some time to add the channel to your Roku device.
 A popup will appear on your TV screen once the channel is added to Roku. From there, choose the OK option.
 Select the Go to Channel option to launch BBC iPlayer.
Alternative Way to Add BBC iPlayer on Roku
You can also add the BBC iPlayer app from the Roku website.
 Go to the Roku official website on your PC or smartphone.
 Sign in to your Roku account and select the Search icon.
 Search for BBC iPlayer and choose the app from the suggestions.
 Select Add Channel to add the app to your Roku device. The Roku device will get the app installed within 24 hours.
You can also update the Roku device to get the app instantly.
How to Activate and Watch BBC iPlayer on Roku
After adding the BBC iPlayer, you need to follow the steps below to activate BBC iPlayer. Then, you can stream your favorite movies and TV shows for free.
 Launch the BBC iPlayer app after installing it.
 Next, select the Sign in button. Now, you can see an Activation Code displayed on the screen of your Roku TV.
 Note the Activation Code down and visit the activation web page of BBC iPlayer.
 Enter your BBC iPlayer account credentials and select the Sign in button.
 Then, type the Activation Code on the required field and select the Sign in on your TV button.
 Now, the BBC iPlayer will be activated on your TV. After the activation process, restart the BBC iPlayer app on your TV and start streaming your favorites for free.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer on Roku By Screen Mirroring
You have the option to screen mirror the BBC iPlayer app to your Roku from Android or iOS devices. This option can be used if your Roku doesn’t support this app.
Screen Mirror BBC iPlayer to Roku from Android Devices
You have to enable the screen mirroring on Roku and follow the steps below:
1. On your Android device, install the BBC iPlayer app from the Google Play Store.
2. Next, connect your Android device and Roku to the same WiFi network.
3. Bring down the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
4. Your Android smartphone will scan for nearby devices. From there, choose your Roku device.
5. You can now see your Android device’s screen on your Roku.
6. Launch the BBC iPlayer app and sign in to your account.
7. Play any of your favorites and mirror them on your Roku.
Screen Mirror BBC iPlayer to Roku from iOS Devices
Make sure to enable the AirPlay feature on Roku and then follow the steps below:
1. Ensure that you have connected your Roku and iOS device to the same WiFi network.
2. Next, go to the App Store and install the BBC iPlayer app.
3. Swipe down the Control Center and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. After that, select your Roku device’s name under the scanned devices list.
5. Now, your iOS device’s screen will be mirrored to your Roku TV display.
6. Launch the BBC iPlayer app and enter your credentials to sign in to your account.
7. Play any of your favorite shows and watch them on your Roku.
Yes. The Roku Channel Store offers the BBC iPlayer app for free download on your Roku device, and you can stream the content through the BBC account.
There could be several reasons for BBC iPlayer not working on your device. They are poor internet connection, invalid login credentials, outdated app, server outage, and other technical glitches in the streaming app or streaming device.
In case you have enabled a VPN, disable it to fix the BBC iPlayer app not working issue on Roku. Otherwise, you have to uninstall and reinstall the BBC iPlayer app to fix the streaming issues. You can also try to
1. Restart the Roku device
2. Update the Roku device and the app
3. Reboot the WiFi modem
4. Clear the Cache on the Roku device
No, it is impossible to watch the BBC iPlayer in the US. This is because the BBC iPlayer is only available inside the UK, and this app doesn’t support the use of a VPN.