Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) is known as one of the oldest American TV channels and also a leading competitor in the entertainment industry. It offers the users the option to stream CBS Sports, CBS News, or other popular shows on their Roku device. Most importantly, this application is available for free, without needing to log in as well. Moreover, CBS can stream full episodes for free, and you can also sign in with your cable provider to access it on your Roku device. Here are some of the dependable streaming apps that can be used to watch CBS on your Roku,
- fubo TV
- Hulu + Live TV
- YouTube TV
How to Setup CBS App on Roku
1. Go to the Home page on your Roku device.
2. Select the Streaming Channels from the menu.
3. Click on the Search channels option.
4. Then, a virtual keyboard will appear on your screen.
5. Move to the Search bar and search for the CBS app on your Roku Channels.
6. From the search result, choose the App.
7. Now, you will move to the App’s info page.
8. Press the Add Channel button and wait until the app downloads.
9. Hit the OK button after this process.
10. The app gets installed and added to your Roku device.
How to Activate the CBS on Roku
1. Once you have launched the CBS app, you will receive an Activation code.
2. Note down the code and visit the CBS official website on your browser.
3. Enter the code in the code bar that appears on the screen.
4. Click the Next button and sign in using the username and password.
5. After this process gets over CBS app will be activated.
6. Finally, you can enjoy streaming the CBS app on your device.
Alternative Streaming Services to Stream CBS on Roku
CBS on Roku can be accessed through some of the popular streaming apps. The following apps will help you to watch CBS on Roku at ease.
fubo TV is the world’s only sports-focused live TV streaming service that allows us to access top leagues, popular shows, movies, news, and much more. It comes with three plans: Pro (130+channels, 1,000 hr. cloud DVR) for $6.99 a month, Elite (190+channels hr. cloud DVR ) for $79.99 a month, and Ultimate (230+channels, 1,000hr. Cloud DVR) $99.99 per month. fubo TV provides access to FOX and NBC local Channels, CBS, ESPN, and other top channels. Moreover, it offers 250 hours of Cloud DVR storage
Hulu + live TV
Hulu +Live provides Live sports, breaking news, awards shows, primetime dramas, daytime soaps, local teams, and weather forecasts. It allows access to Unlimited DVR at no additional cost to record your shows and watch them later on any of your supported devices. You can get Hulu +live for $70 per month and enjoy streaming.
Youtube TV is a subscription streaming service that lets you watch live from major broadcast and popular cable networks in English and Spanish. We can stream live and local TV channels for sports, news, and shows from channels including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, HG TV, TNT, and Univision. This Youtube TV is available for $64.99 per month.
The most common reason for CBS not working is using outdated firmware on the Roku device. So, having the latest security patches and features is essential to stream CBS.