Cinemax is a premium cable and satellite television network telecasting movies, TV shows, and more content. As HBO owns Cinemax, you can also get many HBO channel contents on it. It has produced critically acclaimed series like Banshee, Strike Back, and The Knick. Cinemax channel is offered by popular cable TV providers such as Spectrum, Cox, Xfinity, Optimum, and Fios. Besides being a cable TV channel, it is also available as an add-on in The Roku Channel platform. So you can directly watch Cinemax on Roku within this platform.
How Much is Cinemax on Roku
Cinemax channel on The Roku Channel platform has only one subscription plan, which costs $9.99/month. Additionally, it offers a free trial for 7 days to new subscribers.
What’s on Cinemax
- Cinemax streams content in 1080p quality and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.
- It has content from famous production houses like Warner Bros., Searchlight Pictures, FOX, etc.
- Cinemax has 8 multiplex channels to its name.
- Cinemax is also famous for its late-night shows like Life on Top, Femme Fatales, etc.
How to Watch Cinemax on Roku
As previously mentioned, Cinemax doesn’t have an app on its own. So, you have to add The Roku Channel to access Cinemax, which is available as an add-on within the platform.
How to Add The Roku Channel App on Roku
1. Turn on your Roku device and connect it to the internet.
2. Scroll down and click on Streaming Channels.
3. Select the Search Channels option in the following step and enter The Roku Channel in the search tab alongside.
4. Click on Add Channel on the app page.
5. After successful addition, click Go to Channel and launch the app.
How to Sign Up for The Roku Channel App
1. After launching the app, click on the Profile icon at the top-right corner.
2. Click on Create Account in the drop-down.
3. In that, enter your e-mail address, password, and name. Then, click Continue.
4. After this, your The Roku Channel account gets created and you’ll get signed into it.
How to Access Cinemax on The Roku Channel App
1. Open The Roku Channel on your Roku device.
2. In the Browse Premium Subscriptions section, scroll and open Cinemax.
3. On it, click on Start your 7-day free trial.
4. Now, you are required to add a payment method to your Roku account for ease of access. It can be either a Credit/Debit card or Paypal.
5. After adding your payment info, click Start your free trial.
6. Now, you can watch Cinemax’s content on your Roku device.
NOTE: After the free trial ends, you’ll be charged $9.99 every month automatically until you cancel your Cinemax subscription.
Alternative Ways to Watch Cinemax on Roku
Besides The Roku Channel and cable TV services, Cinemax is available as an add-on on several streaming services like Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, YouTube TV, DirecTV, and various cable TV operators. Among them, the following applications are the best options that can be easily downloaded from the Roku Channel Store.
Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video on Roku is one of the leading streaming services in the world. It has an extensive library of content ranging from TV shows, movies, documentaries, and originals to 100s of add-on channels. It even has an offline-download feature. Users can create upto 5 user profiles and stream in 1080p & 4K quality.
A Prime Video subscription is required to be eligible to get the Cinemax add-on. Prime Video is available as a standalone subscription and also as a bundle with Prime Membership which costs $8.99/month and $14.99/month, respectively. Cinemax costs $9.99/month and comes with a 7-day free trial on Amazon Prime Video.
DirecTV on Roku is a streaming service that comes with an array of features like live TV channels, 65,000 on-demand content, unlimited cloud DVR storage, unlimited in-home streams, etc. Depending upon your package and billing region, it offers regional sports and local channels also.
Cinemax is available as a channel on DirecTV’s highest plan, i.e., Premier. The subscription cost of the DirecTV Premier plan is $154.99/month.
YouTube TV on Roku is one of the leading TV channel streaming services available exclusively in the United States. It has 100s of TV channels and several add-ons like NBA TV, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. as well. It offers unlimited DVR space and allows for 3 simultaneous streams.
Cinemax is available as an add-on, which comes with a 7-day free trial, and costs $9.99/month on YouTube TV. But you are required to subscribe to YouTube TV’s Base Plan, which is priced at $72.99/month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately no. You have to create a new account and make a separate subscription to watch it on your Roku device.
No, you can’t. Cinemax gets its feed from HBO’s linear cable channels and not from HBO Max.
No, it is not possible. The Private channel feature was disabled by Roku long back.