Get ready to explore the finest collection of cliff-hanging crime series and chilling true crime podcasts with HLN on Roku. HLN (Headline News), which was previously known as CNN Headline News 2, is a popular American cable network channel that airs rolling news coverage and a prominent number of crime documentary series. Right from classics like Morning Express to the documentary television program Forensic Files, HLN has remained a great choice for people who are obsessed with thrillers. Since HLN is a cable channel, you need to obtain a subscription from any TV provider to access the channel on the device.
How Much is HLN on Roku?
It does not cost anything to get the channel on Roku. Having said that, you should be aware that you need to hold any cable TV service subscription to access HLN on the device. You can find below some of the cable TV providers that offer the channel:
- Sling TV
- YouTube TV
What’s on HLN?
HLN keeps you engaged with news programming and shows like Lies, Crimes & Video, On the Story, and more. Apart from them, the channel is best known for plenty of true crime shows, some of which are listed below:
- Beyond Reasonable Doubt
- How it Really Happened
- Inside with Chris Cuomo
- Forensic Files
Way to Watch HLN on Roku
HLN doesn’t have a channel of its name in the Roku channel store. However, HLN content is available on the CNN channel on Roku. It has an on-demand library of shows as well. Follow these steps and add CNN on Roku, through which you can gain access to HLN.
How to Add CNN on Roku
1. Initially, connect the Roku device to your TV and internet.
2. From the home screen, choose the Streaming Channel option.
3. Next, select the Search Channel option from the menu.
4. Search for CNN on the Search bar using the virtual keyboard.
5. From the search results, pick the CNN channel.
6. On the channel info page, choose the Add Channel option.
7. Finally, click on OK as the download finishes and Go to Channel option to launch the CNN channel.
Alternate Method to Add CNN on Roku
As CNN is available on the Roku Channel Store website, you can download it directly without even turning on your Roku device. Here’s how to do it.
1. Go to the official website of the Roku Channel Store.
2. Tap on the Sign in option at the top right corner.
3. Log in to the website with your Roku account credentials.
4. Locate the Search channels tab and enter CNN.
5. Continue the search and select the CNN app from the displayed search.
6. Click on the Details button next to the app.
7. Tap on the +Add channel button on the details page to download and add the channel to the device.
Note: The CNN app will be added to your Roku device within 24 hours. When you update your Roku firmware, the channel will be added to the device instantly.
How to Activate CNN Channel to Watch HLN on Roku
Activation of CNN is essential for accessing HLN content on Roku. Follow this process to activate the channel on Roku.
1. Launch the CNN channel on your home screen.
2. As the channel launches, it displays an Activation code.
3. From any web browser, visit the activation website of CNN. [edition.cnn.com/activate].
4. Here, you can see a few icons. Choose the Roku icon from the list.
5. Enter the Activation Code in the space provided.
6. Finally, click on Continue to Verify.
7. Now, log in to your TV provider account to complete the activation of CNN.
8. After that, go to the CNN channel on Roku and refresh or relaunch it. Select the HLN tab and choose any of the available content to stream on Roku.
Alternative Ways to Watch HLN on Roku
HLN is also available on certain streaming service providers also. You can add them on Roku and access them with a subscription. They have attractive offers and brilliant channel listings. Let’s explore some of those service providers on Roku.
Sling TV on Roku is one of the best streaming services with HLN. With even the base package of the service, you get a chance to personalize the channel lineup. The service offers 50 hours of free DVR storage for all its existing and new users. For an added $5 per month, you are entitled to get 200 hours of DVR storage and secure your favorite recordings.
You can purchase Sling Blue Plan for $40 per month, which includes the HLN channel. It also includes CNBC, Fox Business, NewsMax, BBC World News, and a few other channels.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV is a premium streaming service that streams HLN. It streams both live TV channels and on-demand content. Further, it has an ad-free subscription as well. You can record the shows you like the most and watch them later with the unlimited DVR storage offered by the service.
On Hulu, HLN can be streamed with a base plan of $14.99 per month. You need not purchase any add-on packages to stream HLN. Also, it streams CNN, CNBC, ESPN, BTN, Syfy, and TBS in the same plan.
YouTube TV on Roku is a popular live TV option from Google. It has over 85 mind-blowing channels. The platform allows simultaneous streaming on 3 devices and supports HD streaming. A big advantage you can get by choosing the service over the others is its unlimited cloud DVR space.
As part of the base package that costs $72.99/month, YouTube TV includes HLN. Apart from HLN, it has other popular channels like ABC, BBC America, CNN, NBC, MSNBC, AMC, and Travel Channel.