Wi-Fi has become a part of our day-to-day life. Not only do we need WiFi to browse the internet at a fast speed, but you can also use it to connect two different devices and more. Say, for example, by using WiFi, you can easily connect your Smartphone to your TV and view your smartphone’s screen on the bigger TV screen. But without WiFi and the remote, controlling the Roku devices would be hard. However, it is not impossible, though the methods are tedious, we still have some dependable options to connect your iPhone to Roku TV without WiFi
How to Connect/Mirror iPhone to Roku TV Without WiFi
There are two methods you can use to connect your iPhone to Roku TV Without WiFi. So, you can choose the best method that suits us.
- Using Lightning to HDMI Cable
- Using Bluetooth
- Using Wireless Speakers
How to Connect iPhone to TV Using Lightning to HDMI Cable
Before rushing to the steps, certain prerequisites must be met if you want to connect your iPhone to the TV using this method. The prerequisites are:
- Apple Lightning to Digital AV adapter
- HDMI Cable
Note: If you want to, you can also buy non-apple Lightning adapters for your iPhone, but make sure you only buy Apple MFi certified adapters.
1. Connect the Lightning end of your Digital AV adapter to your iPhone’s charging port.
2. With the HDMI cable, connect one end to the HDMI port on your adapter and the other end to the HDMI on your Roku TV.
3. Note down the HDMI port number where you have connected the HDMI cable.
4. Now, press the Home button on your Roku remote to go to the Home screen.
5. Select the Settings option and click on TV inputs under Settings.
6. Choose the HDMI port, and select Setup input.
7. Return to the home screen, and you will see the HDMI port on your Channels section.
8. Select the HDMI port. You have now connected your iPhone to your TV without Wi-Fi.
How to Connect iPhone to TV Using Bluetooth Transmitter
Roku TVs don’t have built-in Bluetooth settings, you can only use a Bluetooth transmitter to allow Roku TV to have Bluetooth.
1. Connect the Bluetooth transmitter to your Roku TV’s headphone jack.
2. On your iPhone, go to Settings and click on Bluetooth.
3. Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone and choose the Bluetooth transmitter connected to your Roku from the list of devices.
4. You have now connected your iPhone to the TV Using Bluetooth Transmitter.
How to Connect iPhone to TV Using Roku Wireless Speakers
1. Bring the Roku Wireless Speakers within 30 feet of your TV.
2. Connect your Wireless Speakers to a power source.
3. Now, press the Home button on your Roku for about 5 seconds.
4. A Setup screen will appear on your screen, choose your speakers from the list.
5. Wait for the pairing to finish, and connect your iPhone and the Roku TV using Bluetooth as well.
6. To pair your iPhone, go to the Settings tab on your Roku device.
7. Scroll down and click on the Remotes & devices option.
8. Tap on the Pair new device option, and navigate to the Bluetooth device.
9. Ensure the Bluetooth option is enabled on your iPhone, so the device will be listed on the Roku TV.
10. Select the Roku TV on your iPhone and pair both devices.
By doing so, you can stream content on your Roku device from the iPhone that is paired via Bluetooth.